Changes to Teleport

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
nils
Titan

Re: Changes to Teleport

Post by nils » 06 Nov 2021 08:49

Drazson wrote:
06 Nov 2021 07:19
Chanele wrote:
06 Nov 2021 00:23
You guys are smart people, why are you trying to prove us otherwise?
I was indeed wondering what passes for proper etiquette nowadays. Excellent.

A reminder
Drazson wrote:
21 Jul 2019 12:05
nils wrote:I just want the Army of Angmar on par with comparable guilds and I don't think rangers, kenders, archers or monks fit into that category.
Lesser guilds deserve their suffering, you feel unjustly nerfed and want to be restored to your rightful glory... huh. I guess you're Genesis Hitler then. It feels so sweet to say this.. Fuck you, Hitler.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 06 Nov 2021 09:11

nils wrote:
06 Nov 2021 08:49
[...]
I remember that and was even wondering how it got removed from your sig. Sad. Yeah, I should have probably done that in person but, of course, it's action and reaction. When you're being a toxic dumbass I have different ways of handling a conversation that rely less on reaching a consensus and more on having my fun and/or venting a bit.
Last edited by Drazson on 06 Nov 2021 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 06 Nov 2021 09:12

Cherek wrote:
06 Nov 2021 03:54
using it to bypass boss guards
As far as I know this has been dealt with effectively in at least one instance, which I consider enough for someone trying to solve it as an issue to work with.
Cherek wrote:
Yes, it's no fun to have abilities nerfed, and I don't like it more than Zizuph or Arman, but, we don't do this to make the game less fun for YOU, we do it to make the game more fun and fair for _everyone_.
When the EC was grinding so hard that Death had to hire yet another apprentice, everybody noticed they couldn't grind shit if they weren't in that team. That includes people with team or personal teleports of course, simply because having that ability has little to do with the problem that arised. A certain powerful goblin and their flock cause almost the same effect. Yes, it's not entirely irrelevant but you equally don't even try to grind when they're out for business.
Cherek wrote:
then we need more information about why. If you don't want to share this here, just send us a mail.
I believe it was in no way intended thus, but if you first take a decision based on basically whoever else's opinion and ask the relevant people for input only now, how is one supposed not to receive this as mockery?

Also, "Send us a mail"? No, you send us a mail.

Guilds' leaderships are afaik more open to cooperating and helping wizards out than anything since we appreciate your role and of course you have undisputable power over us and the only ones with the ability to make things better in whatever shape or form. Each and every guild can give their perspective on their abilities (since they live with them) and have interesting ideas of how to fix issues that the admin might bring up. You then can of course ignore those or take them to heart or whatever. That includes concerns of overperformance, underperformance, bugs or anything else of course, feel free to knock.

Lastly and out of curiosity, there existed a guild tp cooldown before the changes and I wonder what happened to that donut-shattering ability and how its cooldown was considered in the context of this change.

Poultry
Apprentice

Post by Poultry » 07 Nov 2021 18:51

I check on the forums for the first time in months and what do I see? Yet ANOTHER nerf to casting guilds. Now if I teleport to get some herbs it's a two hour cooldown? UGH. There should have been an out of combat timer on this, not a global two hour cooldown. No wonder I stopped logging in. How many other casters quit logging in? I'll check back in a few months and see if it looks like things have gotten any better, but I don't see much reason to play any more.

Dan
Adventurer

Post by Dan » 07 Nov 2021 19:12

Poultry wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:51
I check on the forums for the first time in months and what do I see? Yet ANOTHER nerf to casting guilds. Now if I teleport to get some herbs it's a two hour cooldown? UGH. There should have been an out of combat timer on this, not a global two hour cooldown. No wonder I stopped logging in. How many other casters quit logging in? I'll check back in a few months and see if it looks like things have gotten any better, but I don't see much reason to play any more.
Almost every caster, except the 'new generation' quit.,
Fun part is, RDA/BDA can still set their teleport anywhere in genesis and 'fly back' so doing 'walk terel', 'clear terel' fly qualinesti clear qualinesti, fly back to terel, clear agin fly mithas. fly back to terel,.. does this pattern look similar to GTP ? no difference at all except the lack of movie on teleports.

Layman caster have ½ the cooldown as the occ guilds where the occ guilds need the teleports to farm components.
farming components takes approx 30% of the time i can play to sustain my dps, but those 30% of time are 'on my own time' and not calculated in zizuphs wrong calculation as it requires you clear the area in -1 minute (due to the 1 minute adrenaline cooldown)

I suggested Carnak almost ½ a year ago to make a 1-2 minute movie just like the dragon time to all teleports, be it kiss gem, enter portal, teleport etc etc, so that no matter how you teleported you had a time before arrival.

I have to go to kalaman, khalakhor, terel, solace, shire each day approx 4 times to herb the components that i need, and it takes about 2 to 3 hours depending if i want to grind 6 or 9 hours. So where do i get an extra kapaow in my nukes when i grind? we still do 15% slower than said melee, and yes i've got many months of data on that.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 07 Nov 2021 20:07

Dan wrote:
07 Nov 2021 19:12

Almost every caster, except the 'new generation' quit.,
Fun part is, RDA/BDA can still set their teleport anywhere in genesis and 'fly back' so doing 'walk terel', 'clear terel' fly qualinesti clear qualinesti, fly back to terel, clear agin fly mithas. fly back to terel,.. does this pattern look similar to GTP ? no difference at all except the lack of movie on teleports.
Hey Donald,
That is not how dragons work but great way to try to Trump this thread. It irritates me to know that you know that aswell, you just trying to be a smart ass.

For too many years casters has reign supreme, someone finally made something about that. Is this the final fine tune? I doubt it but it is way better than it ever was. You will never again wield double output, same defence, and utility beyond belief, those days are gone.

If you dont like it just leave, you wont be missed.

/Chanele

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 07 Nov 2021 20:13

Back to the thread.

Warlocks portal was also way too good and deserved to be nerfed along with the other instant portals. You could not set your own locations but you could move around the realm in a ridiculous pace. It has been nerfed, not a single warlock has been crying about it even though it has heavy impact on our daily routines.

Yesterday I moved around only using ships, suprise, it was not that bad.

/Chanele

zizuph
Veteran

Post by zizuph » 07 Nov 2021 21:00

Chanele wrote:
07 Nov 2021 20:07

Hey Donald,
That is not how dragons work but great way to try to Trump this thread. It irritates me to know that you know that aswell, you just trying to be a smart ass.

For too many years casters has reign supreme, someone finally made something about that. Is this the final fine tune? I doubt it but it is way better than it ever was. You will never again wield double output, same defence, and utility beyond belief, those days are gone.

If you dont like it just leave, you wont be missed.

/Chanele
Please, let's try to keep this thread civil.
dan wrote: I suggested Carnak almost ½ a year ago to make a 1-2 minute movie just like the dragon time to all teleports, be it kiss gem, enter portal, teleport etc etc, so that no matter how you teleported you had a time before arrival.
Unfortunately, Carnak is no longer here, and we don't know where his work was to make something like that happen. Adding delays, to cover the travel time costs, is definitely one of the approaches we have been actively discussing. Adding travel time delay does indeed mitigate some of the effects, and we might be able to pair that up with a shorter cooldown, for example.

We do want to revisit this topic - this is our stopgap until we can devote the time to building a better solution. Unfortunately, teleport's advantages were in very active use, and there were a lot of complaints about it.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 20 Nov 2021 12:24

Poultry wrote:
There should have been an out of combat timer on this, not a global two hour cooldown.
I like this! If no combat, then no cool down! Or x time spent without adrenaline to re-cast.

Enables herbing, questing and saves the walk of shame back from a DOA-mob when on the lookout for equipment. A utility, convenience and time-saver for the component heavy casters. As per design and intent, one could argue?

Could this hit the list of things to consider when it's time to revisit the subject Zizuph?

A thought though - consider the benefits in PvP, particularly these days when scry immunity turns player hunting into a search for the proverbial needle in a haystack.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 20 Nov 2021 16:22

nils wrote:
20 Nov 2021 12:24
Poultry wrote:
There should have been an out of combat timer on this, not a global two hour cooldown.
I like this! If no combat, then no cool down! Or x time spent without adrenaline to re-cast.

Enables herbing, questing and saves the walk of shame back from a DOA-mob when on the lookout for equipment. A utility, convenience and time-saver for the component heavy casters. As per design and intent, one could argue?

Could this hit the list of things to consider when it's time to revisit the subject Zizuph?

A thought though - consider the benefits in PvP, particularly these days when scry immunity turns player hunting into a search for the proverbial needle in a haystack.
That would reduce the 2 hour cooldowntimer to a couple of minutes, and therefore introducing the issue again.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/