Moving Toward Promotion ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Moving Toward Promotion ...

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 27 May 2010 16:29

I think Brute level caps suggested previously would be a sweet move.
Currently anyone new arriving to get bigger the advice to them can only be one thing.
Go quest more!
I got sick of hearing it, because the quick fanta when team killing was much more instantly gratifying.
(And it still is now, even tho its not quick these days)

It would be nice for smaller chars to be able to grow (all be it at a slightly slower rate) without having to rely on quests.
So if they are lucky enough to have someone take them killing they do not suddenly jump to uber violent and stop getting much benefit.

Quests would still be important to grow significantly faster at higher levels.

Questing is also most often a solitary experience.
If a newcommer gets frustrated questing or that growth for grinding has slowed significantly while they are still relatively very small I am guessing they might be more likely to call it quits. Killing and teaming, making new allies etc and seeing the stats keep on popping is more likely the keep people interested / get em hooked. Again I am guessing. First time round I spent a lot of time from greenhorne up being violent, but kept on killing. I guess naivety as to how slow I was actually growing kept me from getting frustrated. But there where no myths then of course so it did not seem like I was going so slowly there were a lot of other newbs around at the time too. So growing faster than someone you met, beating up someone who was a mortal level above you but had worse skills etc was a thrill.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/