Magic the Gathering

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Windemere
Expert

Magic the Gathering

Post by Windemere » 08 Sep 2010 01:38

For those of you like me, and what I mean by that is someone with some extra time and extra money, I have recently revitalized my love for Magic the Gathering through their online gaming portal.

Basically, it does cost money, but the money is spent on purchasing virtual magic cards. These cards are the exact same as the ones you would by in the store but in a digital format linked to your account. So, you basically buy magic cards and get to use them online. There is a community of thousands of people trading, sharing, dueling. They offer online tournaments where you can win cards/decks/boosters, and a variety of other cool features.

I think one of the coolest things is that if you happen to collect every card from a set digitally, they will let you redeem (you get to keep them) for an entire physical set as well that they will ship you. So, yes, you are basically paying money for digital cards, but if you collect long enough you will be able to get a physical set. Plus, frankly, it is basically the same.

ANYWAYS, the reason for this is I am trying to recruit more people to come and play! I mean there are thousands of duels a day and it isn't hard to play a game, but it's just fun.

Thought I'd let you know, my name is Klim21 if you already play, add me as a buddy.

Windemere

Bromen
Champion

Re: Magic the Gathering

Post by Bromen » 08 Sep 2010 03:15

I collected for 8 years.

30k cards, few thousand dollars spent, never got laid, gleened it down into a badass 80 card 5 color deck, and I just lost it.

so my answer is... maybe.

lol

-B

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 08 Sep 2010 03:35

An 80 card deck, Bromen? Do I need to accuse you of being a noob?

8-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 08 Sep 2010 04:28

Considering legal tournament size is 60, unless you are playing a draft and then it is 40!

:P

Windy

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 08 Sep 2010 07:26

Sold my good cards for a few burgers at the local McDonalds :lol:

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 08 Sep 2010 14:43

Hehe,

Some of the cards I kept, though I gave many away to my brother and his friends, are worth hundreds now. Pretty crazy, a friend just sold a card I traded some commons for back in the day for $250. Pretty nuts.

Windy

Creed

Post by Creed » 09 Sep 2010 08:44

Where do you sell the cards?

I still have all those cards I gathered back in 97-99..
If they can bring in some cash for me, then Im all for selling them. Better than them just keep rotting in my shelf.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 09 Sep 2010 09:14

tournaments are for people looking for glory. i play a deck that's based on my style and is open to anyone looking to get their ass kicked.

Shall I sneeze on my ripped up chaos orb? Oh damn... it's touching everyone of your cards....

-b

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 09 Sep 2010 17:14

Hee hee! Okay, Bromen, you and I are gonna have to spar. My cards are from my college days, mostly, so 93-95. I just sold a few of them for around $250.00, but that didn't include the really old stuff.

Ebay is the easiest (and slowest) way to sell your cards. I didn't have the patience, so I went to a local card shop where they were surprisingly good to me (I expected to be totally keel-hauled in terms of the offers.)

I created a spreadsheet with all my rare and uncommon cards and looked up the prices online before going in so they knew I was a serious seller, which probably helped.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 09 Sep 2010 19:19

gorboth wrote:Hee hee! Okay, Bromen, you and I are gonna have to spar. My cards are from my college days, mostly, so 93-95. I just sold a few of them for around $250.00, but that didn't include the really old stuff.

Ebay is the easiest (and slowest) way to sell your cards. I didn't have the patience, so I went to a local card shop where they were surprisingly good to me (I expected to be totally keel-hauled in terms of the offers.)

I created a spreadsheet with all my rare and uncommon cards and looked up the prices online before going in so they knew I was a serious seller, which probably helped.

G.
Your not allowed to play anymore, your mean and vindictive with your cards and make your students feel like failures! :-P

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/