What are you reading right now?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zestana
Expert

Re: What are you reading right now?

Post by Zestana » 26 Sep 2011 04:36

The Charlemagne Pursuit - Steve Berry

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 26 Sep 2011 10:12

Hustler magazine.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Nagash
Beginner

Post by Nagash » 14 Oct 2011 21:21

Currently I'm jumping between:
-'The Name of the Rose' Umberto Eco - finally got to read it and I quite enjoy the way he plays with words thus far,
and
-'Generation Kill' Evan Wright - non-fiction combat memoir from Iraq war, which is great read actually.

Finished recently:
-'The Defector' Mark Chisnell - psychological thriller that turned out to be surprisingly fast paced.
-'Psychomech' Brian Lumley - it was just plain weak, with pretty basic and cheese storyline and bland, uninteresting characters. I heard that his vampire novels were better.
-'Hunter's Run' George R.R. Martin - Martin's hard sci-fi with couple of surprises here and there and protagonist being utter bastard, which was quite refreshing. Good read.
-'The First Heretic' Aaron Dembski-Bowden - WH40k novel from the Horus Heresy series. Amazing novel as much as most of books from the series, not quite what you would expect from typical "rpg-literature".

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 14 Oct 2011 22:15

Recomend you watch the mini series "Generation Kill" aswell Nagash :)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Nagash
Beginner

Post by Nagash » 15 Oct 2011 15:16

Yeah, the mini-series rocks, the novel seems to be a bit more on the serious side.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 18 Oct 2011 00:05

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 18 Oct 2011 18:14

Alorrana wrote:Hustler magazine.
:twisted:

Sigh, So many incorrect answers.

The correct answer is..
This Forum.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Strider
Adept

Post by Strider » 18 Oct 2011 19:02

Uther wrote:I understand why you don't have the time to play Strider..
No, they are different sized rocks. I usually have a book on me, and use it to kill a lot of smaller pieces of time, like in a queue or on the train.
Tarax the Terrible wrote:Sigh, So many incorrect answers.
I thought that was the whole point of the 'net.

Still, if you are going to insist on a precise usage of the word now, I'd argue this should be a thread consisting entirely of the word "submit".

Also, this.
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 18 Oct 2011 21:34

On a slightly less facetious note.

I'm reading Shadowmarch by Tad Williams. Which is pretty good, I sort of spoiled it by reading the second book Shadowplay 1st. It was one I had got as a freebie in a lot of books I bought for some of the others. Just happened to see this one when I was in the library. I will probably look finishing it off with the 3rd and 4th book in the future.

After that I will be reading Dust of Dreams by Steven Erikson, part of the Malazan book of the fallen series which has been _awesome_ so far.
And then Fool's Errand the start of the Tawny Man trilogy by Robin Hobb. Looking forward to that as well because I enjoyed her Farseer, Liveship Trader's and Soldier's Sun trilogies a great deal.

And after those I'll be getting back to the wall with George Martin's A Dance with Dragons.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 18 Oct 2011 21:45

Nagash wrote: -'The First Heretic' Aaron Dembski-Bowden - WH40k novel from the Horus Heresy series. Amazing novel as much as most of books from the series, not quite what you would expect from typical "rpg-literature".

Sounds interesting, will reading that one 1st spoil anything from the others if I like it and want to go backwards?
You might like Stan Nicholls 'Orcs' books - Bodyguard of Lightning, Legion of Thunder, and Warriors of the Tempest
Written from the orcs perspective and also not what you would usually expect.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/