What are you reading right now?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Habiki
Adept

Re: What are you reading right now?

Post by Habiki » 02 Feb 2015 20:17

I agree Snow Crash is good. I went back to back Snowcrash ---> Ready Player One but I gotta say I find the latter more enjoyable, if less imaginative. Snowcrash is convoluted and Ready Player One is a more straight forward, easy read.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Feb 2015 16:40

Habiki wrote:Almost done with Ready Player One. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ready_Player_One
This sounded nice so I decided it would be my next book. I've really started to get into audiobooks, so I started this one last night. It sure starts off interesting. Feels promising so far!

As for recommending books I've found myself in the "young adult" genre lately, which I guess Ready Player One also fits into, even though I am more like a real adult than a young adult these days.:) I liked The Hunger Games series, books are better than the movies, and the Divergent series I thought was better than Hunger Games actually, definitely recommend those if you like these types of books and haven't read / listened to them. I strongly do NOT recommend the Maze Runner series (which also became a movie recently), ugh, the story idea, and first book is decent, then it's just a downward spiral from there according to me.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 05 Feb 2015 20:42

'Ready Player One' is well written but that specific genre is not to my taste so it rates as average in my personal opinion.
I am currently reading 'Half the World' by Joe Abercrombie (Shattered Sea #2) and like it better.

Khyros
Beginner

Post by Khyros » 06 Feb 2015 00:57

I just finished a second run through of the Dresden Files.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 07 Mar 2015 15:59

Reamde by Neal Stephenson

Over 1k pages of awesome. When I saw it on the shelf I simply had to get it based solely on the title.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 08 Mar 2015 00:54

Cherek wrote:
Habiki wrote:Almost done with Ready Player One. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ready_Player_One
This sounded nice so I decided it would be my next book. I've really started to get into audiobooks, so I started this one last night. It sure starts off interesting. Feels promising so far!
Finished Ready Player One a while ago. I liked it. It's like a fast paced and fun 80s pop culture history lesson. Nothing fancy, spectacular or "clever", just straight forward and entertaining. And Will Weaton does a good job narrating the audio book.

Now, back to the fantasy/sci-fi genre with "Steelheart" by Brandon Sanderson. Like it so far. For the Fantasy lover I definitely recommend the Mistborn trilogy by the same author.

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 08 Mar 2015 06:51

Cherek wrote:
Cherek wrote:
Finished Ready Player One a while ago. I liked it. It's like a fast paced and fun 80s pop culture history lesson. Nothing fancy, spectacular or "clever", just straight forward and entertaining. And Will Weaton does a good job narrating the audio book.

Now, back to the fantasy/sci-fi genre with "Steelheart" by Brandon Sanderson. Like it so far. For the Fantasy lover I definitely recommend the Mistborn trilogy by the same author.
I got "Ready Player One" in the last LootCrate, so with these promising reviews, I guess I'll read it....
Flee you fools!

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 10 Mar 2015 16:20

Currently going through Slaughterhouse Five again. :D
The opinions in these posts are not that of the player Zestana but that of the player Ilrahil. Having had my account removed due to irreconcilable differences with the administration it is the only way I am able to offer my opinion.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 22 Oct 2016 19:19

Bromen wrote:The Name of the Wind starts very slow. After 60% of the book, it becomes incredible. He really should be more popular.

-Carmelo
Thread necromancy!

I read the 2 Kingkiller chronicles, and now I hate you.

That mother f#$%^#$%^ is NEVER going to finish the third book.

Taro
Wanderer

Post by Taro » 22 Oct 2016 23:07

I'm damn ready for the end of the Kingkiller trilogy. I need to know the ending of the story.
We have some bad hombres in Vingaard Keep.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/