suggestion to improve newbie experience in Gen - Aion-way

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Amberlee
Myth

Re: suggestion to improve newbie experience in Gen - Aion-wa

Post by Amberlee » 16 Mar 2012 02:18

Ok.. Never ever make suggestions that takes ideas from what is arguably the worst MMO ever made.
Besides.. We already have something similar..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 16 Mar 2012 21:56

amberlee wrote:Ok.. Never ever make suggestions that takes ideas from what is arguably the worst MMO ever made.
Besides..
it might be just me, but that game has more active players than Gen

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 16 Mar 2012 23:36

Laurel wrote:
amberlee wrote:Ok.. Never ever make suggestions that takes ideas from what is arguably the worst MMO ever made.
Besides..
it might be just me, but that game has more active players than Gen

Thats _ONLY_ cause people cant play without graphics anymore sadly :( People are spoiled with having everything with graphics, hell people dont even read books anymore, they can get everything as a movie :P

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 19 Mar 2012 03:23

Laurel wrote:it might be just me, but that game has more active players than Gen
I guess Justin Bieber has more fans then whatever you are listening to.
What does it prove? Millions of flies cant be wrong?

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 31 Mar 2012 16:49

If you want to improve newbie experience, introduce tasks that reward you with some substantial amount of money. With all the characters I've had I found money to be the biggest issue in the beginning. Grinding herbs or small mobs for loot you can't really carry is boring as hell. There should be more stuff like Newports delivery tasks, but they should be more rewarding too (travel via 3 ships through 3 different domains to be rewarded with 1 plat isn't really what tigers like best). Put the delivery office in all the major port hubs and give all of them some tasks. Even stupid 'bring me 5 rat tails' -> 'get 5 wolf pelts' -> 'deliver that to smith' -> 'bring back something' chains which would award you coin at each step would be fine as long as you would be able to make enough profit from them to be able to get your skills to at least superior journeyman in reasonable time. After that it's downhill.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 01 Apr 2012 08:04

I do agree I love delivery quests or when an herbalist says hey can you bring me a garlic. Id love to see a lot of townies give little quest to those smart enough to ask task.

like lets say bartenders may ask you to gather some water bring back some animal meats.
ship captians could have delivery quests. shops could hve something based on thier shop theme.

it be cool to have little re- questible quests that give you a bit of exp a bit of money and lower your brutality maybe as much exp as youd get from herbing, maybe limit the quests to one of each type a reboot if your afraid of people abusing them.

if you dont want to do exp/brute. Possible other perks could be had, like if you do a shop/herbilist quest you get a discount/bonus on buying or selling till the next boot. do a quest for a bank and minimizing/fees will be discounted.

redoable quests in general could make the game seem more friendly to people coming to genesis from a mmo environment. obviously after a certian level it wont be worthwile to do a bunch of city redoable quests. unless your the kinda person who spends all thier time herbing and just want to change it up.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 01 Apr 2012 11:05

rat corpse mission in Pelargir is good for xp/money

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/