Men With Beards

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Aimee
Wanderer

Men With Beards

Post by Aimee » 26 Feb 2013 19:23

Some friends of mine made a documentary "Men with Beards" about beard culture. It is absolute excellent and really interesting view on beards, why we have them, why they are viewed so negatively, etc...

They are running an indiegogo campaign to help pay their bills. They are also donating 1 dollar from everything donated to Prostate Cancer research! If you can, support the movie, you get some sweet swag.

http://igg.me/at/menwithbeards/x/2519221

It is an all around excellent film! If you can't support it, just spread the word! The more buzz these guys get, the better. They are genuinely nice guys and I want to help them be successful!

Thanks Genesis community!

Tim/Aimee/Windemere
vita aeterna

Zhar
Wizard

Re: Men With Beards

Post by Zhar » 26 Feb 2013 19:37

How can you view beards negatively?

*peers angrily around*
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 26 Feb 2013 20:22

Are beards viewed with negativity? Where? By who?

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 04 Mar 2013 00:01

Cherek wrote:Are beards viewed with negativity? Where? By who?
a lot of women don't like dating/marrying men with beards -- personally I don't really care for them if they are beyond a close shaven one.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 04 Mar 2013 05:14

A friend of mine came up with a hypothesis about why beards have become popular among young men in America. He believes that fashion has become rather feminine for men, compared to past decades. He sees beards as an compensatory tactic to maintain masculinity while still adhering to fashion trends.

Example:

Makes sense to me. Of course, I avoid trendy fashion entirely. Any attempt to participate on my part would likely result in tragic comedy.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/