Shameless plug ...

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Shameless plug ...

Post by gorboth » 06 Apr 2015 19:29

Hey all,

Thought I'd share something pretty amazing our son Paul has been up to the past year. He's a talented musician and drummer, and made a name for himself in our town by being in one of the local bands that got somewhat big. As things progressed, he eventually hooked up with Vicci Martinez, another local talent who made it big as a contestant who got to work with Cee Lo Green on the reality show "The Voice." Paul is now her drummer and works closely with the group of four that make up her current entourage. He's sort of her musical director, and works together with the other two guys who back her talent to write, produce, and record her songs. So, a lot of her new stuff is written in no small part by Paul, and any live drumming is him. They're in the works to go on tour pretty soon.

Anyway!

If you like this sort of music, check it out:

https://soundcloud.com/viccimartinez/

The stuff that is newer than 2 years old is the stuff she's been doing with Paul. They haven't made it truly "BIG" yet, but they did play on stage last Spring in front of hundreds of thousands of people for a 4th of July event on the East Coast, sharing the stage with acts such as The Roots and Nicki Minaj. And this, from a kid who grew up in a house with a dad who plays the pipe organ and directs choirs?? I'm the world's biggest nerd! But, the universe is strange and wonderful.

(shameless plug over)
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Mirandus
Site Admin

Re: Shameless plug ...

Post by Mirandus » 06 Apr 2015 20:20

That's pretty impressive.

Congrats to you for inspiring him to love music, and congrats to him for taking his talent and using it to do something he loves!

Mirandus

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 05 May 2015 03:40

And, things have started to really take off. More shameless plugging here. Paul has been flown down to LA to be on hand as Vicci is singing their new matierial live on NBC's "The Voice" tomorrow night (Tuesday, May 5th, 8:00pm.) I hear the viewership is something around 13 million people. Their new material will be dropping the same day on iTunes. Seems too good to be true, but here goes!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 05 May 2015 08:51

I see great promotional opportunities here! When he starts giving nation wide interviews have him mention Genesis the original LP mud every now and then, the Voice might be a good channel to reach out ;)

My daughter used the pot for the first time this morning, made be me really proud. I can imagine how you feel.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 06 May 2015 18:33

I have no idea if any of you watch "The Voice" or saw it last night. Vicci's performance was a blast, and they put the production values through the roof for her. Laser holograms, illuminated drumsticks, one of the best studio bands in the business backing her. All this for a small local Tacoma group who have been quietly producing music on their own with no money, and our boy as 1/4 of it. Nuts!!

Oh, and some reports have shown the album having jumped up as high as #15 on iTunes. Unbelievable. If you want to watch it, here's the vid of her performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ75bYmeO1U
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/