Taking a step back

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Sykil
Adept

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Sykil » 21 Feb 2016 15:34

Cherek wrote: Well, for me one argument for not having flames is that it does not show a very nice picture of our community for newcomers
I play multiplayer online rpgs for strife, conflict, camaraderie, and activity. I would not join a game that do not have all of the above. Having a flames section is a health indication. Having rp section is health indication. Newcomer see none of this on our forum. This is too bad.
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 21 Feb 2016 21:11

Cherek wrote:
Amberlee wrote:
Oh, the logic...
Well I dont see the logic in the argument that because you dont like reading the section, therefore you have to close it down for everyone standpoint.
But please do try to explain.
Well, for me one argument for not having flames is that it does not show a very nice picture of our community for newcomers, although that may be less of an issue now when we have changed so it comes with a warning, and the default is no access to it.

Another argument for me is that I think there is a risk people will get hurt and feel bad about things people say to them, even if it's "enter at your own risk", and as a moderator of the forum I think it's my job to make sure everyone who visits has a good experience.

I also think, like Mystina mentioned, that there is a risk that stuff happening in flames does not always stay there, and people bring issues to other parts of the forum, and inside the game.

So those are some arguments for not having a flame section.
And thing is if i recall stuff like that DID happen, i was hated on fir my flame posts and mocked over my suggestions.

In my opinion treated like s child over it. (this is how i felt not stated it as fact) people went as far as to say my ideas are retarded because they come from crap mmo.

No offence that is pretty rude to say stuff like that. I'm all fir difference in opinions but saying that stuff is just mean, and makes the person feel like garbage are unwelcomed.

As i stated, if you wanna vent there other avenues. Facebook, twitter, personal websites, blogs, vlogs.

I'd be more op't to keep it if people were adults with it. I never had any issue with people venting, but they should take what they dish out which is someone saying too calm down, or there other ways go express themselves.

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 21 Feb 2016 21:12

Sykil wrote:
Cherek wrote: Well, for me one argument for not having flames is that it does not show a very nice picture of our community for newcomers
I play multiplayer online rpgs for strife, conflict, camaraderie, and activity. I would not join a game that do not have all of the above. Having a flames section is a health indication. Having rp section is health indication. Newcomer see none of this on our forum. This is too bad.
In what way is it a health indication???

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 22 Feb 2016 19:24

Cherek wrote:I wonder how real life would look like if we had a flame section where anything goes. Like a park in a city is the "flame park" and if you enter you can insult whoever in there however you want and no normal rules of society applies. That would be a pretty interesting experiment.:)
I have no filter Fridays in my office. When you cross the threshold, your filter is allowed to come off. My employees and team members love it

Gaelikitten

Post by Gaelikitten » 22 Feb 2016 19:49

Etanukar wrote:
Cherek wrote:I wonder how real life would look like if we had a flame section where anything goes. Like a park in a city is the "flame park" and if you enter you can insult whoever in there however you want and no normal rules of society applies. That would be a pretty interesting experiment.:)
I have no filter Fridays in my office. When you cross the threshold, your filter is allowed to come off. My employees and team members love it

That sounds like fun

Mew<3

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 22 Feb 2016 22:34

Etanukar wrote:
I wish I could get away with that without getting a note with my paycheck.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 22 Feb 2016 22:52

Hmm, I know an orc who I work with from Digging Orcs Raping the Commonwealth LLC, D.O.R.C.s for short and he would love to talk to you this friday. Since we are one of your subsidiaries, where in the tower of Minas Morgul's Mortuary Beer Elixirs Everyone Request Inc., can I find you? He cant seem to get past the gates.

Gaelikitten

Post by Gaelikitten » 23 Feb 2016 02:13

Ydred wrote:
Hmm, I know an orc who I work with from Digging Orcs Raping the Commonwealth LLC, D.O.R.C.s for short and he would love to talk to you this friday. Since we are one of your subsidiaries, where in the tower of Minas Morgul's Mortuary Beer Elixirs Everyone Request Inc., can I find you? He cant seem to get past the gates.

Pictures an orc in a suit.

Pfft that's funny

Mew<3

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/