Taking a step back

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Amberlee » 21 Feb 2016 11:36

Amberlee wrote:Well Arman.

Because its not?
Also its its own section.
You dont HAVE to open it and read the posts.
You can choose to NOT open the threads there.
WHy do you HAVE to have a place where you can act like a retarded moron in the first place?

Why do you HAVE to try and dictate what people can and cannot do or say?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 21 Feb 2016 12:46

Amberlee wrote:

Because its not?
WHy do you HAVE to have a place where you can act like a retarded moron in the first place?

Oh, the logic...
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 21 Feb 2016 12:53

Amberlee wrote:

Because its not?
Actually to be all logical, because it's the wizards who run this and basically "own" this too. How you become a wizard and who are the wizards, is not relevant to this argument. Logically - it's their rules. Obviously this doesn't stop me from challenging them, but that is only due to the peculiarity of this community, where wizards/coders/owners seem to be really disconnected from most of their "shit" (old content and how it ties into new content and where the challenges lie, etc.).

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 21 Feb 2016 12:57

Oh, the logic...
Well I dont see the logic in the argument that because you dont like reading the section, therefore you have to close it down for everyone standpoint.
But please do try to explain.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 21 Feb 2016 13:01

Laurel wrote: Actually to be all logical, because it's the wizards who run this and basically "own" this too. How you become a wizard and who are the wizards, is not relevant to this argument. Logically - it's their rules. Obviously this doesn't stop me from challenging them, but that is only due to the peculiarity of this community, where wizards/coders/owners seem to be really disconnected from most of their "shit" (old content and how it ties into new content and where the challenges lie, etc.).

100% agreed.
I believe its our job to challenge them and point out when they do stupid things and try to cooperate to make Genesis a better place for everyone.
Sure our opinions on how to proceed with that might differ, but in the end we want the same thing.

With that said there are those who are flat out destructive for the game, both Mortals and Wizards alike.
You know who you are.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 21 Feb 2016 13:28

Amberlee wrote:
Oh, the logic...
Well I dont see the logic in the argument that because you dont like reading the section, therefore you have to close it down for everyone standpoint.
But please do try to explain.
Well, for me one argument for not having flames is that it does not show a very nice picture of our community for newcomers, although that may be less of an issue now when we have changed so it comes with a warning, and the default is no access to it.

Another argument for me is that I think there is a risk people will get hurt and feel bad about things people say to them, even if it's "enter at your own risk", and as a moderator of the forum I think it's my job to make sure everyone who visits has a good experience.

I also think, like Mystina mentioned, that there is a risk that stuff happening in flames does not always stay there, and people bring issues to other parts of the forum, and inside the game.

So those are some arguments for not having a flame section.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 21 Feb 2016 13:32

I think that if you don't have a flame section at all .. moderated or not ... you risk that people's legitimate vents will infuse into the rest of the forum. And it will make more work for you to moderate the entire forum.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 21 Feb 2016 13:35

Well Cherek.
If things said on a forum is brought into the game, which should never happen, it speaks more about the person than the forum/section.

If people get butthurt about whats said there, they need to consider this.
It's a bloody flame section.
You dont go there expecting butterflies and flowers.
You go there to joke around.
To rip someone a new one and to get ripped a new one.
I think most people here can handle it.

But sure, there should be a warning there.
And I do believe there was.

And then we come back to the fact that its optional to read whats written there.
If you cant handle the burn, dont participate in the flame wars.

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 21 Feb 2016 14:08

Kitriana wrote:I think that if you don't have a flame section at all .. moderated or not ... you risk that people's legitimate vents will infuse into the rest of the forum. And it will make more work for you to moderate the entire forum.
You mean we shouldn't get rid of the bathroom just because poop is gross?

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 21 Feb 2016 14:19

Crudely, but accurately put - Mayobe
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/