Taking a step back

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
User avatar
Arman
Wizard
Posts: 601
Joined: 22 Sep 2014 13:15

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Arman » 19 Feb 2016 13:26

Amberlee wrote:
Arman wrote:Kudos Avatar, nice post. And agree...lets get rid of the flame section. It serves no good purpose on the official forums.

I disagree.
It's a place for people to vent a bit.
People here are adults and should be able to handle it without it having any effect on them.
I don't see any value of them on the official forums. Go vent somewhere else. It isn't constructive, and adds nothing to enhancing the game experience.

User avatar
OgreToyBoy
Champion
Posts: 612
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 11:36

Re: Taking a step back

Post by OgreToyBoy » 19 Feb 2016 14:03

Come on, really?
If you can't handle the flame section just skip reading it.
When you post a response there you only fuel the flames, if you can't handle what is being written
and take it personal like some kind of insult-sponge you need to look around and realize everything
is not pink and fluffy.
What we don't need is someone to 'protect' others from the evil flamers (none mentioned, none forgotten).

User avatar
Avatar
Titan
Posts: 453
Joined: 10 Mar 2010 05:52
Location: Denmark

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Avatar » 19 Feb 2016 14:11

OgreToyBoy wrote:Come on, really?
If you can't handle the flame section just skip reading it.
When you post a response there you only fuel the flames, if you can't handle what is being written
and take it personal like some kind of insult-sponge you need to look around and realize everything
is not pink and fluffy.
What we don't need is someone to 'protect' others from the evil flamers (none mentioned, none forgotten).
Why flame in the first place?

Why not just get your point across through civil ways of communication?
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Laurel

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Laurel » 19 Feb 2016 18:09

Cherek wrote:I wonder how real life would look like if we had a flame section where anything goes. Like a park in a city is the "flame park" and if you enter you can insult whoever in there however you want and no normal rules of society applies. That would be a pretty interesting experiment.:)
I have posted a link before to the Hyde Park in London. Guess you don't like following links, so I won't bother.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2949
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Cherek » 19 Feb 2016 18:21

Laurel wrote:
Cherek wrote:I wonder how real life would look like if we had a flame section where anything goes. Like a park in a city is the "flame park" and if you enter you can insult whoever in there however you want and no normal rules of society applies. That would be a pretty interesting experiment.:)
I have posted a link before to the Hyde Park in London. Guess you don't like following links, so I won't bother.
I did click your link, to a wiki on Hyde Park. I just did not understand what you meant by it so I moved on. If I misunderstood the point of the link, my bad. And your bad for not explaining better what you meant!:)

Laurel

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Laurel » 19 Feb 2016 18:24

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Park,_London#Debates
Debates
Hyde Park's Speakers' Corner has acquired an international reputation for demonstrations and other protests due to its tolerance of free speech.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2949
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Cherek » 19 Feb 2016 23:04

Laurel wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Park,_London#Debates
Debates
Hyde Park's Speakers' Corner has acquired an international reputation for demonstrations and other protests due to its tolerance of free speech.
Okay I see. A real life flame section from the 1800s.

Amberlee
Myth
Posts: 1426
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Location: Kristiansund, Norway

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Amberlee » 20 Feb 2016 06:03

Cherek wrote:I wonder how real life would look like if we had a flame section where anything goes. Like a park in a city is the "flame park" and if you enter you can insult whoever in there however you want and no normal rules of society applies. That would be a pretty interesting experiment.:)

It would be awesome.
Should check out Comedy Central Roast :D
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth
Posts: 1426
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Location: Kristiansund, Norway

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Amberlee » 20 Feb 2016 06:04

Arman wrote:
Amberlee wrote:
Arman wrote:Kudos Avatar, nice post. And agree...lets get rid of the flame section. It serves no good purpose on the official forums.

I disagree.
It's a place for people to vent a bit.
People here are adults and should be able to handle it without it having any effect on them.
I don't see any value of them on the official forums. Go vent somewhere else. It isn't constructive, and adds nothing to enhancing the game experience.

You dont see the value.
Many of us do.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kvator
Champion
Posts: 584
Joined: 02 Sep 2010 21:25

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Kvator » 20 Feb 2016 12:45

Arman >>>>>> all of us. It's pretty obvious blah.
And consider not questioning his words. Otherwise.....you might lost his respect!!! :D

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/