Taking a step back

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
User avatar
Arman
Wizard
Posts: 558
Joined: 22 Sep 2014 13:15

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Arman » 20 Feb 2016 12:57

Amberlee wrote:
Arman wrote:
Amberlee wrote:
I disagree.
It's a place for people to vent a bit.
People here are adults and should be able to handle it without it having any effect on them.
I don't see any value of them on the official forums. Go vent somewhere else. It isn't constructive, and adds nothing to enhancing the game experience.

You dont see the value.
Many of us do.
So enlighten. How is the flame section of any value to Genesis or experiencing the game?

Why should the official forums support what is essentially trolling and abuse?

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 2871
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Cherek » 20 Feb 2016 13:31

Lets have a vote to get an idea what people think about flames:

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... 422#p31422

Mystina

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Mystina » 20 Feb 2016 20:10

I want to apologizes for my behavior as well, i'm unintentionally bringing my real life stresses to the forum.

All i wanted to do was be an active member, play, give suggestions, as questions.


It did feel i was needlessly ragged on fir my suggestions. I am still trying to cope with my aspergers as there is lil to no realistic info on it, or stuff people can do to ease the issues.

(I'm not making an excuse just trying to explain how this affected my behavior)

I have high anxiety, and poor communication skills, i get insulted daily for them with in my family and home. I take pills but when i run out no one in my family can take time to bring me to get them (i don't nor can i drive, my coordination is poor and too much of liability behind the wheel)

I play games as an escape, mostly online games to help with my communication skills. A lot of the time it back fires due to misunderstandings, or how i present myself. Which isn't as easy to do, and something people take for granted.

Anyway, just wanted to apologies and explain myself so in future, people can take a step back instead of assuming the worst of my intent (which causes me to get anxiety and lash out due to being misinterpreted)

A player new or old shouldn't feel like they can't speak, or can't have an opinion.

Think better approach is stop treating new players like children, some people might he new to the game and genre/style.

Some people might have play other games, and just new to a game.


I just wanted to put this out there, i did respect a avatar, what i didn't like was his crass replies to suggestions i've made. And it blew put of proportion. Which i fully accept my part in it and regret stuff i said.

Anyway, lets all move forward, and try to learn from this. I'll try to work on how i post, all i ask is to just Gimi a chance.

I'm a very nice person if i'm able to play in a relaxed environment. Again all i ask is to be given a chance.

Layers. <3

Amberlee
Myth
Posts: 1395
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Location: Kristiansund, Norway

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Amberlee » 21 Feb 2016 03:53

Well Arman.

Because its not?
Also its its own section.
You dont HAVE to open it and read the posts.
You can choose to NOT open the threads there.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

User avatar
Avatar
Titan
Posts: 452
Joined: 10 Mar 2010 05:52
Location: Denmark

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Avatar » 21 Feb 2016 05:02

Amberlee wrote:Well Arman.

Because its not?
Also its its own section.
You dont HAVE to open it and read the posts.
You can choose to NOT open the threads there.
WHy do you HAVE to have a place where you can act like a retarded moron in the first place?
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Mystina

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Mystina » 21 Feb 2016 05:13

Avatar wrote:
Amberlee wrote:Well Arman.

Because its not?
Also its its own section.
You dont HAVE to open it and read the posts.
You can choose to NOT open the threads there.
WHy do you HAVE to have a place where you can act like a retarded moron in the first place?
If there was a like button

It would be pressed

OVER9000 Sry couldn't resist...


Anyway


8-) 8-) 8-)
There we get smiles as likes

User avatar
Ody
Hero
Posts: 394
Joined: 18 Apr 2015 03:28
Location: Vingaard Keep

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Ody » 21 Feb 2016 05:21

Simply because it's the flame section doesn't mean it's a chaotic uncivilized wasteland where people think anything goes. It's a place where people go to vent and discuss their feelings. Let it remain. It works. The argument that it's doesn't promote the game and makes it look bad is unfounded. Even stuff outside the flame section devolves into shit throwing.
All I am is your Van Gogh; I paint our dreams on the golden coast
I stay up high, flying solo; Don't come too close
I just ghost
I told you I am the new Poe; I sold my soul to the radio
I steal your heart in the shadows; Don't come too close
I just ghost

Mystina

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Mystina » 21 Feb 2016 05:43

Ody wrote:Simply because it's the flame section doesn't mean it's a chaotic uncivilized wasteland where people think anything goes. It's a place where people go to vent and discuss their feelings. Let it remain. It works. The argument that it's doesn't promote the game and makes it look bad is unfounded. Even stuff outside the flame section devolves into shit throwing.

Ya but you gotta admit people take that venting too seriously and bring it out of the flame thread section..


He'll i was harassed in messaged over some.....


Think it needs to go if people are gonna do that.

User avatar
Ody
Hero
Posts: 394
Joined: 18 Apr 2015 03:28
Location: Vingaard Keep

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Ody » 21 Feb 2016 05:53

Mystina wrote:
Ody wrote:Simply because it's the flame section doesn't mean it's a chaotic uncivilized wasteland where people think anything goes. It's a place where people go to vent and discuss their feelings. Let it remain. It works. The argument that it's doesn't promote the game and makes it look bad is unfounded. Even stuff outside the flame section devolves into shit throwing.

Ya but you gotta admit people take that venting too seriously and bring it out of the flame thread section..


He'll i was harassed in messaged over some.....


Think it needs to go if people are gonna do that.
Because some people abuse it it needs to go? That doesn't constitute banning something or getting rid of it. Ban the people with no self control and let the rest stay. It's quite simple.
All I am is your Van Gogh; I paint our dreams on the golden coast
I stay up high, flying solo; Don't come too close
I just ghost
I told you I am the new Poe; I sold my soul to the radio
I steal your heart in the shadows; Don't come too close
I just ghost

Mystina

Re: Taking a step back

Post by Mystina » 21 Feb 2016 07:22

Ody wrote:
Mystina wrote:
Ody wrote:Simply because it's the flame section doesn't mean it's a chaotic uncivilized wasteland where people think anything goes. It's a place where people go to vent and discuss their feelings. Let it remain. It works. The argument that it's doesn't promote the game and makes it look bad is unfounded. Even stuff outside the flame section devolves into shit throwing.

Ya but you gotta admit people take that venting too seriously and bring it out of the flame thread section..


He'll i was harassed in messaged over some.....


Think it needs to go if people are gonna do that.
Because some people abuse it it needs to go? That doesn't constitute banning something or getting rid of it. Ban the people with no self control and let the rest stay. It's quite simple.

Some is more then enough, it shouldn't happen at all. And it isn't as smile as you make it sound.

I was perms ban from the ff14 forums for supposed slander, yet outside 1 outburst put of self defense i never slandered anyone.

First post that was reported i asked "did a poster just read the thread title bad posted?" second posted was " the Na community bothers me as some people are rude"


Banning people is a pure judgment call and it is up to the discretion of the powers that be to carry it out.

Banning people over opinions isn't the right way to go about it. As i stated there are other platforms fir venting, why not use that?

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/