Have you read the Dragonlance Chronicles?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 30

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 15 Apr 2016 11:22

In 1988, on my 13th birthday I was gifted by some friends the first two books of the Dragonlance Chronicles. It was the beginning of my love for fantasy novels, and was the catalyst for my eventual journey into AD&D, and ultimately in 1994 to Genesis. Genesis became a canvas for me to develop a living realm dedicated to these brilliant novels by Tracey Hickman and Margaret Weis. 28 years on, I am wondering how many people who still play Genesis have read these books?

Sykil
Adept

Re: Have you read the Dragonlance Chronicles?

Post by Sykil » 15 Apr 2016 12:47

Yes, this where I learn word 'stoic' because is every other word in this books.
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 15 Apr 2016 14:24

I dont remember precisely but I think I have in my private library 32 or 34 books from Dragonlance series. Of course all read, and majority more than once.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 15 Apr 2016 16:38

I read them out of respect and gratitude to Jeremiah, one of my early Genesis coding mentors. He is the wizard responsible for coding Pax Tharkas, the first version of the Wizards of High Sorcery, and for founding the domain of Ansalon where he worked on the city of Sanction. Arman was his main coding protege, coding Flotsam (if I recall) as his apprenticeship project under Jeremiah's stern (but friendly) eye.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 Apr 2016 02:37

I am currently reading book one, since a wizard I am not going to name (Arman) has nagged on me to read them since last year... but since there is no options for "Reading them now", I guess I'll have to vote "no" since I have not read them all yet.:)

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 16 Apr 2016 03:12

On book one as well. I decided to read Huma first.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 16 Apr 2016 07:33

Must have read the chronicles and every other book I have so far found... 5 times or so :P

Titan

Post by Avatar » 19 Apr 2016 11:10

Those books was what brought me into the whole fantasy book thing. I, later on, moved over to Forgotten Realms, but Dragonlance (Krynn) will always be my first love, so to speak :)
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/