Brush with Greatness ...

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Manglor
Rising Hero

Re: Brush with Greatness ...

Post by Manglor » 04 Oct 2016 14:42

I'm a huge Boston Red Sox fan, always have been. Growing up in New Brunswick, Canada, my parents had a fishing camp on the famous Miramichi River. Lots of celebrities had camps of their own. Well, the biggest name that came back every year was Ted Williams, and only two people were allowed to sit with him at different events and meetings, his fishing guide and my Dad. One day, my Dad asked me if I wanted to meet Teddy Ballgame -- I was 11 at the time. Of course I did! So we went down to where he was fishing and my Dad told me to stay put while he went to talk to Ted. Sure enough, over the hill comes this huge man with the biggest hands I've still seen to this day. "Hey Jon, I hear you're a big fan!" Shock didn't quite cover it. I don't remember much else, but I have my prized possession sitting on my desk: An autographed baseball that says "To Jon, your pal, Ted Williams."

Oh, and Bobby Doerr and his grandson came and fished with us too. That was pretty cool!

So I've met 2 of the 9 players whose numbers are retired by the Sox. 22% (repeating of course). Not bad!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/