About Wizhood

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Shesara
Beginner

Re: About Wizhood

Post by Shesara » 06 Mar 2018 11:42

Sorry, I got this! Heh.

I created 'root' as a character and he was automatically turned into master of the mud. Good to go!

Shesara
Beginner

Post by Shesara » 08 Mar 2018 16:30

Not as easy as it looks to get a new small MUD up and running.

This old version of mudlib and game driver has a few issues. Heh. I cannot appraise/examine items that I just cloned. secure/master throws an exception in things.c that handles app/exa commands. Will see if I can find some other files on the net that may help me build a new driver; see if that works better.

:)

Malus
Greenhorne

Post by Malus » 02 Apr 2018 05:55

You can read

Code: Select all

help wizhood
in the game for information about becoming and being a wizard in Genesis.

It's helpful to know Genesis well, have some coding experience, write well, and be easy to work with, but not all necessary. I'm maybe a 2.5 out of those 4.

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 02 Apr 2018 06:03

malus wrote:You can read

Code: Select all

help wizhood
in the game for information about becoming and being a wizard in Genesis.

It's helpful to know Genesis well, have some coding experience, write well, and be easy to work with, but not all necessary. I'm maybe a 2.5 out of those 4.
I'm not even going to offer for Malus to rate me. But I would say, by that criteria I'm 1 out of 4. And that one is actually a .33 in each category. But now that I snuck in and have inside knowledge they can't get rid of me. :D

Malus
Greenhorne

Post by Malus » 02 Apr 2018 06:38

I was giving myself full points on coding, partial on knowing Genesis and writing, and 0 on being easy to work with.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/