Riddles and Word Games

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Melarec
Rising Hero

Riddles and Word Games

Post by Melarec » 11 Jun 2017 01:29

Do you like riddles?
Or guessing games?
Then read below! (Or read it anyhow; it's pretty cool..)

I play (and occasionally host) a game on another forum. (Heresy, I know..)
The game is called "Don't Get Kicked" and is hosted on the Casual Collective.

The Basics:
-The host chooses a word and keeps it secret. (A single word, three letters or longer, not too obscure)
-Seven (7) hints are provided; one a day for a week. Each hint relates in some way to the hidden word.
-Players attempt to guess the word.
-Each player has a limited amount of guesses. (Three (3) to five (5) per game, as decided by the host)
-When a player runs out of guesses (given their last guess was incorrect) they are "Kicked" and can no longer post their guesses for that week's game.
-Incorrect words are listed as they appear, as are Kicked players.
-When (or if!) the correct word is guessed, the player who guessed it first wins!
-If no one guesses correctly after the last hint is posted (24 hours after the last hint), the Host wins!

Afterward, players [are encouraged to] vote "Good" "Bad" or "Epic" according to how they felt about the game.
Also, explanations are added to the hints after the game has concluded.

All in all, it's a very fun and engaging game.
I'm hosting one right now and there's already been thirteen (incorrect) guesses. (No kicks, yet. :[ )
And I've only posted the first three hints so far.
If you want to join in, which I encourage, Click this link here and you'll be taken to the club.
Hope to see you there!
And remember, Don't Get Kicked!

tl;dr : There's a really fun forum game with words and guesses. Click here to play.

Shanoga
Wizard

Re: Riddles and Word Games

Post by Shanoga » 11 Jun 2017 18:06

I'm definitely going to be following at least this thread now that I have read three (soon to be four) clues. I don't really want to create an account just to guess, so I might guess here eventually. :P

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 12 Jun 2017 03:42

Shanoga wrote:I'm definitely going to be following at least this thread now that I have read three (soon to be four) clues. I don't really want to create an account just to guess, so I might guess here eventually. :P
Aaand the fourth hint is up!
Feel free to guess all you want, but they'll only count in the game thread. ;)

(Plus, the CC has a bunch of other cool clubs and neat games if joining for one thing only is not enough.)

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 12 Jun 2017 05:37

And it's over now as well.
Someone guessed the word.
(Hint four was a little too obvious..)

New games start on Thursdays if anyone else is interested..

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/