Bots in the forum

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mim
Rising Hero

Bots in the forum

Post by Mim » 17 Aug 2019 16:34

I think I heard this before, but memory fails.
What are all theese bots when I'm in the forum?

DavinWhef, DerikNeli, Frankabosy, manson, Mim, Paololbromy, RidgegoRa, Robertomuh, Traffmist

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Bots in the forum

Post by Cherek » 18 Aug 2019 12:04

Mim wrote:I think I heard this before, but memory fails.
What are all theese bots when I'm in the forum?

DavinWhef, DerikNeli, Frankabosy, manson, Mim, Paololbromy, RidgegoRa, Robertomuh, Traffmist
Good question. Seems like someone has registered a bunch of users in order to promote some website. They can't post anything without manual approval though, so probably pretty harmless but I'll delete them and hope they don't return. Thanks for noticing it!

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Bots in the forum

Post by Cherek » 18 Aug 2019 14:35

Turned out to be a bit more complex. Apparently someone/some bot has been creating lots of users since July 25, and the amount of fake users was over 2000 by now! Since we require manual approval to be able to post, they can't really do anything so no much danger, but still it has to stop of course.

We have now changed the captcha for new user registration, which appears to have fixed it, as no new fake users have been registered since we changed the captcha question. I have also deleted the 2000+ fake users...

Thanks again Mim for catching this.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/