Genesis stance on black lives

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
raymundo
Wizard

Re: Genesis stance on black lives

Post by raymundo » 11 Jun 2020 09:50

Also, for the record regarding the general conversation here, I agree that Genesis is not the place to deal with real life politics as a rule. I support the value that all humans should have equal opportunity and treatment under the law, and the way I would choose to deal with that in Genesis is through crafting narratives that explore that theme in a roleplay specific way (for example a city where poor drow who have good alignment are misconstrued as evil--*wink wink*). but easily recognizable political issues of the day are probably best left to the nightly news i'm currently crying myself to sleep over. It's a sad state of affairs in the world right now, and the Donut is a good place to escape them.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Jun 2020 13:05

Moderator: Parts of this thread has once again been moderated. This is your final warning Amberlee, be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing. It's a very simple rule. if you can't follow it, it's better to quote a post and then reply to it by starting a new thread in the flames section.

So you don't have to jump to conclusions without MODERATED.
1. No one said that the murder was OK and that it should not be punished and I honestly thought that by putting emphasis on the word "murder" people would be bright enough to see the statement for what it was.

2. I fully believe in second chanses, but when someone is in and out of jail commiting repeated crimes and is arrested under the influence of different drugs then yeah I do not believe in martyring them or glorifying their names post mortem when they clearly were bad people, that said just to clarify once more, I hope his family gets justice and the police officers in question are judged to the full extent of the law.

3. Now to those of you who think this is an isolated incident.
Search the name Tony Timpa. He was a Dallas citizen. He called the police for help where he was put in cuffs on the ground and where they mocked him when he was in distress, ultimately killing him in the process.
Though I guess very few of you knew about this. I will let you speculate as to why that is.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Zedex
Beginner

Post by Zedex » 11 Jun 2020 14:58

It nicely sums up that whole amercian craze called black live matter forced down whole world's throat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-dV9K_cHE
And one thing is sure genesis is no place for politics, it's god damn game. Keep it that way.

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 11 Jun 2020 17:38

Can we move this post to the flames section or simply delete it? Whichever is easier.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Jun 2020 18:45

Rache wrote:
11 Jun 2020 17:38
Can we move this post to the flames section or simply delete it? Whichever is easier.
This is the forum section where it's ok to discuss real-life stuff, and it would make no sense to delete a thread that does not break the rules. As for flames, it's a thread that's hard to untangle, since only some posts would belong in flames, so I decided to edit those instead of moving the whole thread to flames, because I think the majority of posts are perfectly fine and not "flamy".

Leti
Beginner

Post by Leti » 11 Jun 2020 19:34

Calling black people animals and saying that they're -acting- like animals are two different things, robbing innocent people of their achievements of life, demolishing police cars, burning police stations. I feel emptiness inside my heart when some utterly stupid people, blinded by their twisted sense of morality are not able to see the difference and trying hard to convince you of their case having no arguments, just because it's popular now to support black people.

Fanaticism has never led anyone to anything good.

I appreciate Cherek's decision, the only right one which could be made.

Mona
Wizard

Post by Mona » 11 Jun 2020 21:01

When I originally posted this I was trying to support something I felt most people would likely believe in. I felt that it would be good on a human level for the game as a group to be in support of something so important.

However, reading the responses, I can respect the fact that even for some who support the idea, it would be a burden for them to have RL be in the game. I can understand that feeling, and I appreciate the support of those who players responded and expressed their reasoned opinions, even those against.

However, the tone that this thread has taken, and the ugliness that is coming to the surface is just the opposite of what I was hoping to achieve, and as a result I have asked that Cherek close this thread.

Cherek's response was gracious and considered, and he has my respect.

Mona

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Jun 2020 21:14

Wish granted - thread locked.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/