The Name of the Wind

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: The Name of the Wind

Post by Amberlee » 24 Mar 2010 23:05

Yepp just lacks a wizard with some knowledge of Faerun to start working on its development really :p
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 24 Mar 2010 23:40

It takes alot for me to pick up books from author's i don't know. but if you recommend it, I certainly will test the first book.

Ilrahil, great ideas man lol! How awesome would it be to go to Myth Drannor and quest to be part of the Mythal? Or to somehow burglar your way into the Vault of the Ages only to find the Shrinshee. Beat or outwit her and walk away with one gift from a list of fun artifacts.

Maybe run into Drizzt and his gang. Bring your own bigger gang.

Honestly, I'd code if I knew how.

Oh well.

-b

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 24 Mar 2010 23:42

Anyone who wants to step up :?:

Actually, there's a thread in the Suggestion Box about player created content for the game. If it actually gets some traction, this would be a cool area to expand on using it.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 25 Mar 2010 00:22

I did make some suggestions about Faerun there :p
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 25 Mar 2010 02:38

There used to be the concept of the madwort in genesis (I think that's the right name.)

Back after Necro's got nerfed to all holy hell and most of the guild quit, I offered multiple times to step up and be the said madwort for the guild and code things with uses of emotions and player based content but was rejected every time. I guess I kind of gave up after that. I'm did not wiz because I did not have the time needed to do so, and refused to give up my main. Even with the new rules, if I came back I enjoy playing as a mortal to much to wiz for 95% of the time and play 5%.

Gub
Adventurer

Post by Gub » 25 Mar 2010 09:57

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Tolkien - My first fantasy favourite and still great.
Robin Hobb - Only quite recently discovered Hobb and was very pleased to find such fantastic books I had yet to read.
George RR Martin - Firm favourite of many, enjoyed the story threads and characters.
David Gemmell - Quite short books but amazing characters
Guy Gavriel Kay - Modern people in fantasy setting, well written and quite dark.
Steven Erikson - Epic, Awesome, Original, Blows most others away
Stan Nicholls - Orcs as the main chars, Read it if you play a gobbo.
Joe Abercrombie - Liked Before they were hanged a lot.
Anne Rice - Enjoyed the vamp chronicles greatly.
LOVED George RR Martin's work, can't wait for him to complete his Ice and Fire books.

I'll have to check out the rest.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 25 Mar 2010 12:43

When it comes to Tolkien.
Yes his work is great, BUT i think he loses too much in being way to caught up in details that really doesnt have any meaning for anyone but him.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 04 Apr 2010 03:22

amberlee wrote:When it comes to Tolkien.
Yes his work is great, BUT i think he loses too much in being way to caught up in details that really doesnt have any meaning for anyone but him.
Different times. The book was written 70 years ago, there were different standards back then. I get bored when he starts with the landscape descriptions, but I eat it all nevertheless. It is like watching the LotR movies and closing your eyes whenever the camera pans through the mountains.

Creed

Post by Creed » 04 Apr 2010 12:25

I think its really nice with all the descriptions of everything. That way you can really get the feel of the location you're in.
It helps me create the movie of the story in my head, and such makes it even more full, than it would have been, if he only wrote the parts with the "action".

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 04 Apr 2010 14:50

Sure a proper description of landscape and details is all well and good.
But to spend TOO much time on it so that it comes at the expense of the story told.. Thats bad..

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/