Website Update

Game announcements, birthdays, parties, marriages, and anything else you'd like to announce to the Genesis Community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Website Update

Post by Cherek » 18 Jan 2018 17:10

Hello!

As the new-ish Arch of Web I have the pleasure to inform you of a number of updates I have made to the official website. Here they are:

- We're finally 100% responsive and mobile-friendly. This is something I've wanted to fix for a long time, and finally I've had time to do it. So, the website should now work on all screen sizes and devices without looking odd. If you haven't noticed, a while ago Cotillion also adjusted the web client so you can play the game on mobiles and tablets too.

- The "GUILDS" section has been split into five individual pages, one for each guild type. The not very modern and on some devices buggy popups are gone and have been replaced by a more simple way to present our guilds, that requires less clicking or tapping. The information has also been updated and the new guilds have been added as well.

- The "COMMUNITY" section has been split into the three individual pages "RANKINGS", "WIZARDS", and "RESOURCES".

- The "RANKINGS" page is now, like the rest of the website, viewable on all devices. So, now you can finally check where you rank on your phone too, without it looking totally messy!

- The "WIZARDS" page has been completely redone, and now contains more useful information about the structure of wizards, the admin, and who does what. I felt that a lot of players don't really know any of this, and no wonder, since we don't tell them anywhere!

Also, and most importantly, you will also see the names of all active wizards, which positions they hold, which domain they belong to, etc. This information is automatically updated, and now uses data directly from the game, so in the future you can always visit this page if you want to know which wizards are in the admin, who's the liege of a domain, who works in the different domains, etc.

- The "RESOURCES" page has also been redone and cleaned up. The old links have been replaced with newer and more useful ones. Please let me know if you know of a good resource that you want me to add to this page.

- The "HISTORY" section is now the "ABOUT" section which contains individual pages for "HISTORY", "CONTACT", "PROMOTION" and "COPYRIGHT".

- The "HISTORY" page has been updated to cover the last three years of Genesis history. Since it was over three years since I wrote the original text, it felt like it was about time. Especially since it contain a lot of good things!

- The "CONTACT" page has a new and better contact form. (Thanks Cotillion).

- The "PROMOTION" page has been updated with some new information, so check it out and help promote Genesis.

- Our social media sharing buttons have been redone and moved to the bottom of every page. Feel free to use them whenever your want and share Genesis with your friends.

Finally, while I have of course tested and double-checked everything, hundreds of eyes is better than two, so if you find something that doesn't work like it should, a link that is wrong, typos, etc, please let me know and I'll fix it. Thanks!

Oh, and if everything still looks exactly like before and you don't see any of the changes listed above, please hit CTRL+SHIFT+R (Windows), or CMD+SHIFT+R (Mac) to force your cache to reload the page from the server.

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Website Update

Post by gorboth » 18 Jan 2018 21:24

This is fantastic! Way to go, Cherek!!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Perrigrine
Wizard

Post by Perrigrine » 18 Jan 2018 21:50

Excellent work.

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 18 Jan 2018 22:28

Very cool to see the facelift in a few places. I especially like the resources on the promotion page.

Thanks, Cherek!

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 18 Jan 2018 22:32

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Jun 2018 03:33

I have made some minor updates ot the website again, adding the Halfling guild to the list of guilds, and also fixed an incorrect link in the resources sections, as well as cleaning up a few things here and there.

I've been a bit away from the realms lately due to RL stuff, but the least I can do is to try to make sure the website is not too out of date. So, please let me know if you notice some incorrect information or something else missing.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Jun 2018 02:30

Look at me doing stuff. Website updates two days in a row!

- I've added the Holy Order of the Stars to the guilds section, which should make it complete again. (Thanks Arman for the description)

- Based on some user feedback I've made the headers for the guilds much more visible, making it easier for players to spot the guild(s) they are interested in.

- I also fixed an issue that made all fonts look a bit too bold in Firefox browsers. So, if you use Firefox, the website may look less bold now, which is not an error. It's how it looks in other browsers, and how it was intended to look.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 Jul 2018 06:53

Nerull provided a nice little text for the new Warlocks guild which I have used to replace the section for the now closed Necromancer guild.

Honestly, that's one section I did not expect to have to update very often, but our wizards just keep making new cool guilds!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Feb 2020 18:37

I've added a new section to the "Rankings" page that shows the top-20 most popular Minstrel songs. Check it out here: https://www.genesismud.org/rankings.php

Seems like Mim is the Justin Bieber of Genesis right now!

In other news, I added guild information for Fire Knives and updated the Archer's info a few months ago. I forgot to mention it here, though, until now.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 23 Mar 2022 16:44

Information about Saurians have been added to the website (thanks Mirandus for providing the text). I also forgot to mention that info about Throtyl Raiders, Vampires and Anglers was also added a while ago (thanks Nerull and Arman for the texts).

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/