re: Hades on Mailbox size

All General Board Messages from the game are posted here for visibility. For RP reasons you cannot reply here, but you're very welcome to do so in Sparkle where the actual general board is located.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tapakah
Wizard

re: Hades on Mailbox size

Post by Tapakah » 13 Sep 2010 20:13

Indeed disk space is not an issue.
However the increasing number of messages will have a severe impeding effect
on the game and on the gizmo itself.

We're investigating a possibility to have the mails sent to your RL e-mail
address from a Genesis Post Office.

T.
We love self criticism - L. F. Vunyukov, "The Tale of the Troika".

Trutblemma
Adventurer

Re: re: Hades on Mailbox size

Post by Trutblemma » 14 Sep 2010 17:08

tapakah wrote: We're investigating a possibility to have the mails sent to your RL e-mail

T.
I'd MUCH rather have a limited IN GAME mailbox then having Gen mails sent to my RL email... Mails in game should stay...in game. In my opinion, it's a very bad idea. Better if people with old precious mails they want to keep (I have a bunch of those myself) Make a folder to keep them in.
//Emma's overseer

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 14 Sep 2010 19:57

Trutblemma wrote:
tapakah wrote: We're investigating a possibility to have the mails sent to your RL e-mail

T.
I'd MUCH rather have a limited IN GAME mailbox then having Gen mails sent to my RL email... Mails in game should stay...in game. In my opinion, it's a very bad idea. Better if people with old precious mails they want to keep (I have a bunch of those myself) Make a folder to keep them in.
Yep, I have to agree with Trutblemma here :)

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 14 Sep 2010 20:39

Just make it an option ? Those who want it send to their mailbox in RL let them have that. Those who doesn't remains in the game?
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Tapakah
Wizard

Post by Tapakah » 14 Sep 2010 20:44

Of course that meant an option only.
"From a Genesis Post Office" is the key word. That means, when at the PO, and having your email address defined, you can issue a command that would forward selected mails, or all mails, to the aforementioned address.

Just like with web (rankings) setting, any connection between the game and RL is purely optional.

T.
We love self criticism - L. F. Vunyukov, "The Tale of the Troika".

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 14 Sep 2010 21:00

Oh yes please. Gimme a way to spam Laurel's RL mailbox from Gen, and all on triggers!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 14 Sep 2010 21:59

drop dead! :twisted:

Trutblemma
Adventurer

Post by Trutblemma » 15 Sep 2010 12:26

tapakah wrote:Of course that meant an option only.
"From a Genesis Post Office" is the key word. That means, when at the PO, and having your email address defined, you can issue a command that would forward selected mails, or all mails, to the aforementioned address.

Just like with web (rankings) setting, any connection between the game and RL is purely optional.

T.
Ahh...Ok, Now I'm happy again. Thank you! To have it as an option is good. I won't use it..I wonder if there will be enough players that will use it to make a difference, though. Or maybe it's only I that's a tad bit stuck in the old ways :D
//Emma's overseer

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 20 Sep 2010 14:47

I think some of the sentimental value also has something to do with "who" sendt the mail.
So with the Archives and mail deposit ideas, it would probably be harder to for example forward a mail, and still see who originally mailed the mail.

But if this could be made so this could not be faked, when you forward the old mail to someone..
Then I guess I would be satisfied with the new system (whatever it would become).

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/