No wonder people leave.

All General Board Messages from the game are posted here for visibility. For RP reasons you cannot reply here, but you're very welcome to do so in Sparkle where the actual general board is located.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: No wonder people leave.

Post by Cherek » 16 Nov 2010 15:30

Rhynox wrote:...a smaller one like Logg.
I guess we have different ideas on what is "small", but maybe you are right, Logg is only ranked number six on the overall champions list after all. :)

Freya

Post by Freya » 16 Nov 2010 18:23

I love how Rhynox claims everything is abused when his opponents use it.

Vamps abused everything , Mages abuse this and that, DO's/SU's abuse their damage dealing powers and so on.
Lets just face it Rhynox, just because you do not like the way something works, does not mean people are abusing it,
ok ? This is sounding very much like the broken record of Laurel who claimed vamps "abuses their invis" while it worked
the same way for 10 years or so, and wizards looked into it on a handful of occasions after Laurel and others whined.

If wizards coded something and placed it into the game, it has in most cases gone through balance, and is then
okey for players to use. Sure in some cases bugs/exploits/errors in code create ways for players to abuse it,
but I think that in most cases players know they'd get in trouble for using something and restrain from doing so.

And I actually think if you and your gully dwarf friends spent some time thinking of good tactics, you'd be able
to defeat the yeti as well.

As would a Calian with the right equipment/size/layman option.

Your notes are so full of made up truths it hurts my eyes to read them, your trying(just like you do in game)to
effect people by stating your "facts" in hopes that wizards will step in and nerf others , its pathetic.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 17 Nov 2010 00:37

You said it yourself Freya, Vamps have had their abilities for years and then all of the sudden when you and some other joins they get nerfed (and then closed). Whats up with that?

There are many powerful guilds who has abilities that could be abused and when "wrong" persons joins people will be aware of it, especially with warmongers.

Mages have always been powerful, probably the most powerful guild although they havent to my knowledge been nerfed many times, why is that?

I believe one of the reason is they wont accept abusers nor rulebenders, they use their power with caution, Vamps did the opposite and wiped half of the population;)

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 17 Nov 2010 04:18

The fact that the clan is still open and the vampires closed gives me a point.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 17 Nov 2010 05:36

Chanele wrote: Mages have always been powerful, probably the most powerful guild although they havent to my knowledge been nerfed many times, why is that?

I believe one of the reason is they wont accept abusers nor rulebenders, they use their power with caution,
That's not entirely true.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 17 Nov 2010 08:12

Freya wrote:This is sounding very much like the broken record of Laurel who claimed vamps "abuses their invis"
Saya, you, Bofur - did ... and you quite know that
Freya wrote:while it worked the same way for 10 years or so
which is not a logical proof that you didn't abuse it
Freya wrote:and wizards looked into it on a handful of occasions
that is a claim only few could prove and you shouldn't be one of them ... or was it Novo who looked into it?
Freya wrote:after Laurel and others whined.
guess me and others had reasons ... the reasons that finally force-closed the shithole in Terel

enjoy your day! :)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 17 Nov 2010 08:17

Mersereau wrote:
Chanele wrote: Mages have always been powerful, probably the most powerful guild although they havent to my knowledge been nerfed many times, why is that?

I believe one of the reason is they wont accept abusers nor rulebenders, they use their power with caution,
That's not entirely true.
over years there were warmongers in MMs plenty enough of times ... some even sparked wars between guilds in which they had chars, just for the fun of having a MM-char and a (let's say for the sake of this example) knight-char at war with eachother

also the first time stat cloud was nerfed AFAIK (<- important) was after a certain current wizard joined MMs and started mass-abusing it (together with necro spells) to grind the hell out of grind-areas ... but I guess pure bias on wizards side brought the nerf-bat over evil-aligned spellcasters ... :roll:

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Nov 2010 16:46

I dont think players should have to decide what is "abuse" and what is not. If MMs decide to go bananas and kill everything on sight they should be able to imho. They as any guild should be coded so that there is always a good balance no matter what guild. So if mages go bananas they should have a weakness or counter that make them as killable as those they are murdering.

Giving players "abusable" powers and then expect them to not use them is just silly. I never understood that.

Use powers responsibly? Come on? Its like giving counterstrike players a bazooka but hope they will use it responsible and not kill too many of their opponents. The point of a bazooka is till kill your opponents! Of course they will use it.

No really, players should be able use abilities given to them. If it is called "abuse" it is the fault of the game design, not the players.

Harassment is something else and is clearly defined in the rules. But just using your abilities for whatever you like can never be abuse.

A strange feeling, but I am with Freya on this one. :) Sorry Chanele I think you're wrong here. Freya can be "blamed" for many things perhaps but not for using abilities given to her. Anger against vamps or MMs or any other guild should imho be directed at those who coded those guilds, not the players in them.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 17 Nov 2010 20:40

Cherek wrote: Harassment is something else and is clearly defined in the rules. But just using your abilities for whatever you like can never be abuse.
Cherek, you are better than to actually believe this.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 17 Nov 2010 22:22

Cherek wrote:No really, players should be able use abilities given to them. If it is called "abuse" it is the fault of the game design, not the players.
plenty chars were deleted for that in the past - using the game mechanics as they were coded (example: spec bouncing)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/