No wonder people leave.

All General Board Messages from the game are posted here for visibility. For RP reasons you cannot reply here, but you're very welcome to do so in Sparkle where the actual general board is located.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bromen
Champion

Re: No wonder people leave.

Post by Bromen » 09 Nov 2010 12:39

OgreToyBoy wrote:Balance? Is one guild that truly needs balancing but it seems that guild will stay truly overpowered due to reasons unknown.
no, I'm not referring to any of the Mage guilds.
Dragon Order! There... someone said it.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 09 Nov 2010 14:54

bromen wrote:
OgreToyBoy wrote:Balance? Is one guild that truly needs balancing but it seems that guild will stay truly overpowered due to reasons unknown.
no, I'm not referring to any of the Mage guilds.
Dragon Order! There... someone said it.
I meant Gladiators!!! :lol:

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 09 Nov 2010 15:03

Must be Rda ofcourse!

:lol:
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 15 Nov 2010 12:22

Rhynox - if you talk about "abusing" a spell, rather than just "using" it, then I assume you must know what the *intended* use for that spell is. So please enlighten us on the statcloud so that we can judge the argument properly :)

Then of course I agree that it's much cooler for a big player, and especially if he is a Morgul Mage, to scare smaller people with more roleplaying instead of just griefing them right away by breaking their weapon in the darkness. But then again, there may be more to this story than what we saw in the log extract.

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 15 Nov 2010 20:32

Excellent points Recoba.

Let me recount my own experience from today. A goblin comes into the Tower in Minas Morgul. He makes his way into the library, where a Nazgul comes to investigate his presence in the Tower. He is most likely questing of course, but RingWraiths are always interested in intruders.

The goblin is approached and the following riveting RP ensues:

You hiss to an one-eyed pot-bellied male goblin: And who may you be?
The one-eyed pot-bellied male goblin mumbles: busy

Now of course OOC this is hilarious. However, because he was questing (I assumed so anyway) and I had to attend to something IRL, I left him alone.

But I ask you, in character, would a Nazgul ever abide this kind of disrespect in his own home? It did not slip my mind that imposing a little discipline may run me afoul of the questing interference guidelines and he was much smaller so it wouldn't really be sporting. However, when I was small I was never this much of a punk, especially to other players who could squash me like a bug.

I will make sure I have more time next time I see him, and without appropriate deference, he will definitely get more attention than I think he wants. He may cry foul and there may be much wailing and gnashing of teeth from others. All quite avoidable with a tiny amount of reasonable RP.

By the way, RP 'discipline' only works when you're dealing with others who RP. I've come across plenty of chumps who choose not to RP in situations in which case all they really understand is getting slapped. I contend its actual very poor RP to do nothing in those situations.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 15 Nov 2010 21:22

Perhaps Minas Morgul _should_ warn it's visitors upon entering the gates, letting them know that they are on the hometurf of the ringwraiths and what it may entail...
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 16 Nov 2010 06:11

Recoba, I don't think the effort a mage has to put in order to cast the spell (from gathering the herbs and creating the potions to casting and waiting for its results) are equal to the effort a warrior needs to achieve the same. Wizards have been ignoring complains because mages have been pretty, how to say, restricted in its usage. Had Freya or Zin been a mage doing the grinding, the spell would have been removed years ago. The only times the spell has been looked upon (that I know of) was when Saya and Halb were (according to you) lawfully using it in Icewall.

I don't judge mages in their roleplay, but I don't understand why a mage would want to grind himself to myth. A titan mage is already more powerful than 95% of the total population of Genesis, and able to defeat virtually every creature in Genesis. Warriors, on the contrary, vary in great degree about what they can do or cannot. A neidar will never be able to kill the yeti alone, regardless of his size, not even a neidar of Xar' size, while a ranger like him can do that. A calian will never never be able to Akugla alone, but a neidar the size of Rhynox or Irk, or a smaller one like Logg but with worshipper spells can. Monks and Shadow Union are somewhat different, though, as they are able to do things other generic warrior guilds are not, but not even the biggest one can match the strength of spellcasting guilds.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 16 Nov 2010 10:25

Hence nerf SU and Monks.

It's fine for certain race/guild combo's to be poor against certain npc's. How about a pirate against Arlenn? It's ok that you can't kill the yeti. Be forced to team to get what you want from an npc boss type character that is the antithesis of your abilities.

Adapt and try new things.

I bet rhynox could kill the yeti if he were a minstrel. :)

b

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 16 Nov 2010 13:39

Yeah, And impliment guns !! :D
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 16 Nov 2010 15:20

Rhynox wrote: I don't judge mages in their roleplay, but I don't understand why a mage would want to grind himself to myth. A titan mage is already more powerful than 95% of the total population of Genesis, and able to defeat virtually every creature in Genesis. Warriors, on the contrary, vary in great degree about what they can do or cannot. A neidar will never be able to kill the yeti alone, regardless of his size, not even a neidar of Xar' size, while a ranger like him can do that. A calian will never never be able to Akugla alone, but a neidar the size of Rhynox or Irk, or a smaller one like Logg but with worshipper spells can. Monks and Shadow Union are somewhat different, though, as they are able to do things other generic warrior guilds are not, but not even the biggest one can match the strength of spellcasting guilds.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/