No wonder people leave.

All General Board Messages from the game are posted here for visibility. For RP reasons you cannot reply here, but you're very welcome to do so in Sparkle where the actual general board is located.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
OgreToyBoy
Champion

Re: No wonder people leave.

Post by OgreToyBoy » 05 Nov 2010 15:28

Just go loot in Kalaman, everytime I run through there are loads of stuff around.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 05 Nov 2010 18:14

I would understand the concern if the MM just killed him(unless he was a ranger), but he just broke his weapon. Players have dumped the weapons of their enemies/hostiles regardless of size for a decade already, this isn't something new, and I dare to assume that Rangers tops this list by far.

Just a weapon...get over it. The chance that it happens again is pretty much nil.

And Laurel, what's the problem with mages using their hard-earned gifts anyway? I see no shortage elsewhere regarding other casters using their magic... :)
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 05 Nov 2010 18:37

Kas : Problem is, as an expert you actually have no chance of replacing that weapon alone. So would proberly be better if he killed him and gave him the eq afterwards. Just breaking a weapon because someone enters your location is just bad play. And if this happens to more youngsters, I can understand why the leave..

Cherek, Problem is, people do actually leave.. :-/
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 05 Nov 2010 19:24

that actually sounds more like Zauhuk than Etanukar. Coincedentally the mage is the same one who bitched that he got killed while he was scripting in Mithas and tried getting us suspended/deleted for doing so, when he didn't even react to the attack.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 05 Nov 2010 20:09

Alorrana wrote:Kas : Problem is, as an expert you actually have no chance of replacing that weapon alone. So would proberly be better if he killed him and gave him the eq afterwards. Just breaking a weapon because someone enters your location is just bad play. And if this happens to more youngsters, I can understand why the leave..

Cherek, Problem is, people do actually leave.. :-/

I hope Tar don't loose his(her?) will to play regardless of what happened though.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 05 Nov 2010 20:39

Ill get you an axe to replace the one you lost. Just consider it a lesson learned so next time you can just run away.

B

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 07 Nov 2010 17:06

I noticed some mages were again abusing the statcloud, but it wasn't Etanukar, since at least he leaves his horse at the entrance of the troll camp so that you know you must not enter.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 07 Nov 2010 18:00

Rhynox wrote:I noticed some mages were again abusing the statcloud, but it wasn't Etanukar, since at least he leaves his horse at the entrance of the troll camp so that you know you must not enter.
Lies and wishes.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 07 Nov 2010 23:24

I think Etanukar, Celephias or whatever mage was there doesn't need you to talk in their name, dude.

Mages have abused from statcloud since they returned. Halb (the one that used to grind with Saya in Icewall) would throw a statcloud in every room, including the rooms without minotaurs to catch everyone. Dauron went from rising hero to legend in a month statclouding Mithas, Terel trolls and Icewall. Aldinach used it too, but if you entered a room he was not in and you killed the statclouded trolls before he entered, he wouldn't say anything. I once entered Mithas and got poisoned, that was when Etanukar explained me that he left his horse at the entrance to warn travelers not to get inside. The first time I complained to Stern about them he chatted with Goldman, and they agreed about only statclouding the room where the mage was.

I usually hear that the time a mage requires in order to prepare the statcloud potions to gain a fantastic progress is around equal to the time a warrior requires to get it. As Kas said, "Lies and wishes."

By the way, look at what I found. Dated back October 2003:
Subject: Some mages behaviour
CC:
Extended editor! Type ~? for help and ** to finish editing.
1]Greetings

I am writing down this mail to let the wizards in
charge of player affairs know that some mages (in
charge of player affairs know that some mages do
not keep in mind the kind of danger a spell like
statcloud can bring to others.

I talked with some of them. Dauron, in example,
goes to the troll caves in Terel, clouds all the
rooms he can, and then waits in the entrance. In
Etanukar's case, he clouds all the rooms in the
troll camp in Mithas with it, and waits outside,
warning anyone who is going to enter to go away,
as it might be deadly for them. However, some of
them spread the cloud and just disappear, never
warning others about the risk. This happened in
Icewall today, as I was walking the rooms found
myself in a room with a yellow cloud, and the
minotaurs fleeing from one room to another. With
luck I managed to reach Vingaard Keep, where I
had to stay until the effect was gone.

As far as I know, Halb was the one using that. I
did not see him, though, but was told he was in
Icewall with a vampire using that trick.

Now, I am not saying using statcloud is illegal.
Nor I want it banned or deleted. I am pointing
out that it is a very dangerous spell which is
potentially deadly for innocents entering rooms
without knowing about the risk, where NPCs can
attack, hunt or block. And thus the AoP should
take a closer look at the way some (not all, I
explain, Etanukar's way I find correct, as he is
aware of the risk, and does that into a low-risk
place, where the NPCs cannot hunt, autoattack or
block, and he warns those who are going to enter
about the risk). use it, as they are interrupting
other players' rights to have fun in the area by
limiting the rooms they can access.

Just a thought I wanted to share, only for that,
to think about it. It is enough for me to know
any of you have read until here.

Warm regards,
Rhynox' player
2] 3] 4] 5] 6] 7] 8] 9]10]11]12]13]14]15]16]17]18]19]20]21]22]23]24]25]26]27]28
]29]30]31]32]33]34]35]36]37]38]39]40]41]42]43]44]45]46]47]48]49]**
Batch sent to: Rohim, Stern, Eowul and Misery.
Mail sent.
Time ago Bugs could go into Gaerhir's room, cast a lightning storm, leave and close the door, then reenter a minute later to pick the mithril-bladed battleaxe without even starting combat. Same trick to kill two important NPCs in Avenir, just do the quest halfway and then cast a lightning storm while these two NPCs are in the same room, then pick up all the loot without having fought them. And in several other places around.

Wizards thought it was a loophole and modified the variables, so all this is no longer possible. I don't see how statcloud is different, yet they haven't done anything about it in a decade.

And before you go into how much I hate mages, I really respect them. I have written here, and have talked with lots of wizards especially during the vampire closure, that mages are how undead guilds should be played. Their members know they control really powerful elements and (most) don't abuse them. Just like the Shadow Union, they keep their tools for themselves, and unless you have seen them in battle or have fought them, you will probably never know what they are capable of doing. The vampires were always pretty open about their skills, initiating attacks and putting in evidence the difference in power between them and the rest of the guilds. Unfortunately, every other year a mage appears that decides to become the biggest in character in Genesis and starts grinding without taking care of manners, putting the guild into shame. Stern understood back then because he used to be one, and I think Gorboth understands it as well.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 08 Nov 2010 00:08

Grandpa is back :D

welcome back Rhynox :)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/