No wonder people leave.

All General Board Messages from the game are posted here for visibility. For RP reasons you cannot reply here, but you're very welcome to do so in Sparkle where the actual general board is located.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kas
Legend

Re: No wonder people leave.

Post by Kas » 08 Nov 2010 03:48

Rhynox, what exactly have you encountered lately? You claim that some mages are abusing it again(like old times, or?), so it would be nice with some specific information.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 08 Nov 2010 04:20

Code: Select all

> Hidden forest trail.
There are four obvious exits: north, southeast, south and southwest.
A burnt left arm of a troll.
A lurking frightening forest troll, a massive dangerous forest troll, a
drooling repulsive forest troll and a big snarling forest troll.
Dalben arrives from the north.
> Center of encampment.
There are eight obvious exits: north, south, east, west, southwest, southeast,
northwest and northeast.
A pale yellow cloud and three small oak trees.
Dalben arrives from the north.
> Southeast corner of encampment.
There is one obvious exit: northwest.
A flawless onyx ring, a small oak tree, two troll ribs and a troll skull.
Dalben arrives from the northwest.
>
Just yesterday, for example, entering the camp and finding random poison clouds around. Mages should be forced to stay in the room until the cloud dissipates, it is not fun to go somewhere and find yourself in the middle of them, or it should be used against a determined target like their other spells instead of affecting everyone in the room.

There is a difference between big teams grinding and mages grinding. For example, we used to compete against Seren and Pharaxes and against big BDA and RDA teams as well with our own big team to see who killed more. And the worst that may happen would be to enter a room, notice there is another team fighting, and leaving immediately. No harm done. When there is a mage grinding, though, you can be sure he is spitting these clouds everywhere. So, you either risk entering a room hoping you won't get your team poisoned there, or leave for another place.

Alorrana wrote:Grandpa is back :D

welcome back Rhynox :)
I am like poverty, hunger and disease, I will always be around 8-)

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 08 Nov 2010 04:35

A single cloud don't look like an abuse to me.

Did you see more clouds the mage(s) had "spitted" out in the nearby area?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 08 Nov 2010 05:56

While everyone might not be up to date on what balance has been put into effect. I assure you they can't just throw stat clouds in rooms anymore. The issues been addressed.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 08 Nov 2010 13:15

Balance? Is one guild that truly needs balancing but it seems that guild will stay truly overpowered due to reasons unknown.
no, I'm not referring to any of the Mage guilds.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 08 Nov 2010 13:45

For as long as Genesis exists, people will complain about balance issues.

There is no way to ever get rid of that.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 08 Nov 2010 14:32

Kas wrote:A single cloud don't look like an abuse to me.

Did you see more clouds the mage(s) had "spitted" out in the nearby area?
A single cloud in the middle of the camp is enough for me to go away. Checking all the rooms would mean reentering the same clouded room time and again. It is not different to, for example, soldiers calling for dragons in the roundabout and waiting there to catch people with dragonfear.

While Ilrahil may be right (we didn't get poisoned when we entered the room), I am not willing to experiment unless I am forced to. If it only affects the NPCs and players that were in the room when it was casted (just like you can only block people who are in the room and not anyone entering after setting it into effect), I am happy with that. It would mean the wizards would only need to solve the spellcasting issue where you will get hit by their spells even after you have left the room, unless that has already been addressed as well.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 08 Nov 2010 16:19

If I recall those clouds can drift around? Might just have been it drifted out? :P

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 09 Nov 2010 01:59

Just code the clouds so they are poisonous 10-20 secs after they are cast.. after that they will drift away in the air and vaporize and are harmless..
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 09 Nov 2010 12:39

edited.
Last edited by Bromen on 09 Nov 2010 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/