Invitation to Calian Team Day

All General Board Messages from the game are posted here for visibility. For RP reasons you cannot reply here, but you're very welcome to do so in Sparkle where the actual general board is located.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Habiki
Adept

Invitation to Calian Team Day

Post by Habiki » 05 Sep 2013 01:43

Code: Select all

Greetings Friends and Adventurers!

I would like to invite you and your friends to
participate in a day of massive-team combat.
This event will be hosted on the 12th of September,
at around 14:00 hours game-time. We will meet at
the Calian Roundabout. The agenda is yet to be
determined, but I hope we can accomplish some
things that are both fun and ambitious.

All good and neutral individuals are welcome.

Regards,
Habiki

Titan

Re: Invitation to Calian Team Day

Post by Avatar » 05 Sep 2013 07:49

The Calians first play, in order to gain new allies. Interesting :)
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 05 Sep 2013 16:38

Team combat eh?

Hmmm...aren't Calians specifically designed to be amazing at team combat? I mean, more so than other Good or Neutral guilds.

Windemere

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 05 Sep 2013 16:52

Is this like... an invite to the BDAs to come and just kill you all? :)

Habiki
Adept

Post by Habiki » 05 Sep 2013 17:21

Windemere, yes, the Calian Warriors are designed specifically for team combat.

Draugor, I don't think any team that will be formed can stand up against even four or five swarmers, in addition to the force provided by our guests.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 05 Sep 2013 18:32

Habiki, that is the point.

Why invite people to an event where there is really no chance of success. Not much fun, nor is it likely people will be interested. Inviting people to participate in team combat against a guild who has been specifically designed for that purpose, well...seems like you are only interested in showing how awesome you are, not in providing a fun time.

This is just food for thought. Perhaps there is a way to make the even enjoyable to everyone. Perhaps put calians on other teams to balance it out. See which other Good/Neutral guild makes the best Calian team mate.

Maybe this was the plan all along!

Yours

Windemere

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 05 Sep 2013 18:57

Nice iniative, Habiki.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Habiki
Adept

Post by Habiki » 05 Sep 2013 19:14

Windemere wrote:Habiki, that is the point.

Why invite people to an event where there is really no chance of success. Not much fun, nor is it likely people will be interested. Inviting people to participate in team combat against a guild who has been specifically designed for that purpose, well...seems like you are only interested in showing how awesome you are, not in providing a fun time.

This is just food for thought. Perhaps there is a way to make the even enjoyable to everyone. Perhaps put calians on other teams to balance it out. See which other Good/Neutral guild makes the best Calian team mate.

Maybe this was the plan all along!

Yours

Windemere
Oh my, I see the problem here. We are not looking for people to fight against the Calians. That would be rather silly, indeed. No, my intention is just to make a big team, have a fun day and do something like maybe kill the Balrog if we get enough big people. Unless we are somehow assaulted or it gets turned into a player hunt, this will strictly be a "PvE" event. Thank you for helping with this clarification, and I hope you will join us Windemere!

Hopefully, later we will host other events like a tournament in the Gladiatorial Arena or a Fireball competition in Gelan. Then we will test our abilities!

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 05 Sep 2013 19:28

Much more clear.

Thank you. That, now, sounds like a heck of a lot of fun! Hopefully I or one of my avatars can make it.

Windemere

Morglum
Beginner

Post by Morglum » 05 Sep 2013 22:02

Angmar! Angmar! Angmar!

Seriously, I was even listed as top defender of Calian Palace some time ago (and it had absolutely nothing to do with annoying kroug standing in my way to buy a lamp), you can trust me!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/