BE WARNED !!

All General Board Messages from the game are posted here for visibility. For RP reasons you cannot reply here, but you're very welcome to do so in Sparkle where the actual general board is located.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Chamdin
Wanderer
Posts: 51
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:55

Re: BE WARNED !!

Post by Chamdin » 24 May 2010 09:16

Bale wrote:Seems like people keep forgetting how Genesis works. I had to be reminded myself within the last few months, so let me take a shot at explaining it...

We know this sucks for you, but there's nothing we are going to do about it. We know you spent a bunch of your free time working to progress in the game and we empathize that some jackass decided to ruin it because the rules allow them to, whether you deserve it or not. But those are the rules! That's the way it is! Like it or leave it. If you leave it, we're sorry to see you go, but thousands of players have left the game before you and we didn't even bother to write down why. We consider talking to people who feel like quitting a bit like negotiating with terrorists... we don't want you to do it, but we'd rather die than admit we might have done something to justify your anger. We will just try to attract new players rather than fix the problems that drive the current ones away! After all, it's always easier to find a new customer than keep an old one!

Feel lucky we have Gorboth! Before there wasn't nearly so much compasson and understanding!

--Bale

Let me tell you a thing Bale.

When Chamdin got killed by a legend AA he didnt bother at all,he did not report the incident even though Wizard Gorboth sent a mail asking him if he wanted to.
He didnt put up a whining post on the board in Sparkle.
He didnt send stupid mails to any AA member asking for an explanation.

Chamdin isnt the whining type you see,he accepts the rules of the game.
Unlike others that finds it unfair to be killed by someone larger,but likes to kill smaller ones.Uhmm Like Bale I should add.

I really love to see how you AA try to justify your actions by claiming it to be accordin to the rules.
To me it looks like you are just a bunch of Bullies that love to destroy the fun for others.

I wonder how you are goin to introduce new players to the game when you have AA legends running around killing of small wanderers. :-)

And yes,I dont have to stay playing Genesis if I dont want to,that is correct.
However,I would like to be the one deciding that for myself,not having some nuts deciding it for me just since they have fun killing small ones.

With work,wife and kids I have enough of frustration in RL,what I seek here is recreation.If that part of the game is removed from me I will have to reconsider my reasons for playing the game.

Laurel

Re: BE WARNED !!

Post by Laurel » 24 May 2010 09:49

Bale wrote:Seems like people keep forgetting how Genesis works.
I thought it works how we (all players) make it work? Just like RP servers in WoW, where hardly anyone RP'ed (past tense - maybe that has changed but I don't play WoW for years now) but people thought themselves to be ohsogreat to win PvP tournaments or brag with thousands of pkills ... the creators intended it to be servers dedicated to RP, but players knew better.
Bale wrote:We know this sucks for you, but there's nothing we are going to do about it. (...) After all, it's always easier to find a new customer than keep an old one!
While I do spot irony/sarcasm there, I think some people DO act exactly like you wrote it ... and I myself don't like it, don't approve it, etc. It's the kind of attitide "I don't PvP when my guild/specials/gear/stats suck, or my guild is not PvP build - but I do ACTIVELY PvP when I am better equipped, stat'ed, in a great guild, with neat tricks, etc.". Kind of the attitude X'ya chars had - both grew stats keeping low profile and started to bully others around being reasonably-sized vamps.
All they achieved from my PoV was driving several of my friends away with their "I killed you and wasn't deleted, so it was fine by rules" approach.

Bale
Beginner
Posts: 15
Joined: 14 May 2010 11:38

Re: BE WARNED !!

Post by Bale » 24 May 2010 10:15

Chamdin wrote:When Chamdin got killed by a legend AA he didnt bother at all,he did not report the incident even though Wizard Gorboth sent a mail asking him if he wanted to.
He didnt put up a whining post on the board in Sparkle.
He didnt send stupid mails to any AA member asking for an explanation.
No, you tell everyone in the forums for non-obvious reasons. Trolling? I really don't get it.
Chamdin wrote:Chamdin isnt the whining type you see,he accepts the rules of the game.
Unlike others that finds it unfair to be killed by someone larger,but likes to kill smaller ones.Uhmm Like Bale I should add.
Yes, very diplomatic of you to antagonizing me and spread lies. I can't see why anyone would want to kill you, especially not when it would be so easy.
Chamdin wrote:I really love to see how you AA try to justify your actions by claiming it to be accordin to the rules.
To me it looks like you are just a bunch of Bullies that love to destroy the fun for others.
Yes, you see clearly. My post was entirely about justifying senseless killing and my lack of concern for the fun of the game.

Sadly, I don't see clearly. Must be this ogre mind of mine. I don't see the point of anything you've said.

--Bale

Makfly
Champion
Posts: 598
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 00:36

Re: BE WARNED !!

Post by Makfly » 24 May 2010 10:21

We cannot let the lowest common denominator make the rules on how the game should play out.
It's the reason why we have the justice system in real life, to make sure that does not happen. Here in Genesis, we don't have any such things. We have Gorboth's previous idea that the law of the jungle rules, where everyone can do whatever they want, and if you don't like it, you can do something about it or leave. Obviously flawed in the extreme, as the ones victimized are targeted because of the fact that they cannot do anything to exact justice themselves.

I think Gorboth et al, have realized that it probably wasn't the best idea, but the problem still exists. So until someone can come up with a super brilliant plan, could there be instated some kind of temporary system to alleviate this problem?
Personally I think no Xp loss for PvP deaths would be best, because loosing all equipment/money/pride is sting enough, and would leave the victim not feeling totally demoralized.
Now I know some people get their enjoyment from causing grief to other human beings, and want other players to loose Xp when they kill them, but I don't really think pandering to that kind of peoples idea of fun, is in the games best interest.

So...Gorboth, what are the status on this eternal PvP problem?



PS: Giving people the chance to opt out by writing a letter is certainly a step forward, if that agreement is upheld, that is.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

User avatar
Alorrana
Myth
Posts: 1009
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 11:23
Location: Mordor. passing gass.

Re: BE WARNED !!

Post by Alorrana » 24 May 2010 10:24

all i see is bla bla bla.... Attack Angmar and suffer the punishment for it..
The rest of you... simply colladeral damage.. *shrug* sorry it had to come to this.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

User avatar
Rhaegar
Legend
Posts: 960
Joined: 13 May 2010 06:22

Re: BE WARNED !!

Post by Rhaegar » 24 May 2010 10:42

Makfly wrote: Personally I think no Xp loss for PvP deaths would be best, because loosing all equipment/money/pride is sting enough, and would leave the victim not feeling totally demoralized.
What? I logged in my old char today, just to check mail etc. and just for fun, died 2 times trying to estimate my combat capabilities, saw an old friend and after talking to him for a while I decided to change my guilds (with like 90 plats in bank) which cost me another death.
I'm not going to play my old character very actively anyway, maybe when I'll need a break from roleplaying or being a goodie to vent some frustration, but from what I see, death isn't even half as scary as it used to be. And the recovery system? Please... It's like an open invitation to PvP in my eyes.
I really can't see where all this 'death penalty is too big' and 'I died, I don't want to play any more' attitude comes from.
With the recovery system, I actually found my deaths to be beneficial for the character as lower brute = faster progress = more enjoyment from playing.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Laurel

Re: BE WARNED !!

Post by Laurel » 24 May 2010 10:50

casual player = 1-3hours of active play per day = weeks/months of recovery from 1 death

when a casual player's weeks/months of fun (or even hours, when he's got good gear and feels like s/he could conquer the world) are destroyed ... I guess it's more fun when you are the destroyer and not the destroyed one

try to feel the victim instead of diving into the self-rightousness of the killer ... I guess you wouldn't consider yourself a funny kill or collateral demage so easy if it was 2-3 Xars (for the sake of size difference - not personal) pounding on AA members right and left
I still think it's way better to intimidate someone instead of plain slaying - a kill results in bad blood, while intimidation ... opens whole new areas for RP (cheers old MMs for what they were able to be for Gen for years)

btw. still remember when you could see somebody arrive walking on his hands and you KNEW it's Creed :mrgreen:

Creed

Re: BE WARNED !!

Post by Creed » 24 May 2010 12:25

Did I walk around on my hands in the old days?

Hmm.. if so, thats a part I forgot.

But Alorrana.. You say that you only attack people who attack AA..
I didn't attack any AA.. Why is it so hard for you to let go of the guild issue, and just go after the single persons who did the attacking/killing?

I mean, its not a secret to anyone that I don't enjoy PVP. But I do enjoy being in my guild.

I think you will find that it is also a lot more interesting to kill those who are active in the war, instead of us bystanders, since you will also have to work harder to gain that kill. Because the active ones are also more preparred to fight. Which means you have to be even more clever.

I know you probably can't see it from my point of view. But I will give you the benefit of doubt and hope that you see that by attacking people, who in a guild way have some affiliation to the conflict, but are not directly involved, you damage the game more than you gain.

User avatar
Alorrana
Myth
Posts: 1009
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 11:23
Location: Mordor. passing gass.

Re: BE WARNED !!

Post by Alorrana » 24 May 2010 13:27

Your guild did..that equals you. especially when your In a active pvp guild.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Creed

Re: BE WARNED !!

Post by Creed » 24 May 2010 13:39

And who have decided that knights is a pvp active guild?

To me it looks primarily as if it is you who have decided that knights are pvp active.
Currently we have 1 active knight who have been involved in pfighting. For a very long time.

Poet doesn't play, so he cannot count..

And the rest of us are not interested, either because its not our style, or perhaps because they're too small.

So the activity is based on things that happened a very long time ago. And you can't call a whole guild active in anything, because a single member does something. Thats simply too stupid.

Locked
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/