Anti-botting Turing test

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Anti-botting Turing test

Post by Amberlee » 14 Aug 2010 19:48

Rhaegar wrote:
Rhynox wrote:The first times it doesn't even need to zap the characters, just drop all his equipment in the room and put him in a prison (like the one in Calia or Sparkle). Once the system has been tried and determined to be just, death could be applied.
I'd prefer if the culprit would be moved to the NIM game room. Let the bastard work to be able to return to the society.

Rhaegar... Before the next time you post something..
Look at this link..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdyqgy3II2Y
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 15 Aug 2010 11:13

slowly but surely I start to think that:
a. wizards are unable to spot botters without specials tools, which would be ... lazy
b. botting is THE thing that drives ppl away from Genesis - not antisocial PvP horny pricks who look for any reason to score a pkill (cheers to the person who wrote it this way)

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 15 Aug 2010 11:34

amberlee wrote:
Rhaegar wrote:
Rhynox wrote:The first times it doesn't even need to zap the characters, just drop all his equipment in the room and put him in a prison (like the one in Calia or Sparkle). Once the system has been tried and determined to be just, death could be applied.
I'd prefer if the culprit would be moved to the NIM game room. Let the bastard work to be able to return to the society.

Rhaegar... Before the next time you post something..
Look at this link..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdyqgy3II2Y
The voice is too low on this one :(

Let me counter with somethings nice then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx5Qd6uEWq8
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 25 Aug 2010 08:19

Thing is we dont need any automatic test with both players and wizards conducting their own brilliant
tests. Spot the wizard and its actions through the spam or not responding to an unknown player
asking if you script and then leave to re-enter a little bit later is another great test.
All in the name of hunting the 'scripter' in these cases, which is legal according to the rules as
long as you have an eye on the screen.
Kinda fun to you who asked me if I was scripting in khiraa temple, wonder if you asked the
other player the same question or if you are generally looking for an excuse to attack me.
I assume you also ask your teammates the same question so they not happen to look at something
else while running behind you.
When will these playertests be considered harrassment? Or is this just part of the game? Can I
run about and 'test' any player who happen to kill in my area. If he dont respond and move on to
next room to kill he is free game? Am I even allowed to let my triggers kill off the remaining enemies
or should I revert back to telnet? Do I have to sub out my combat totally so I don't miss any important
wiz interaction which sole purpose is to 'expose' me?
This is the reason I'm very much against players given the power to test other players. They will roam
about in mobs and decide who live and who die. The excuse for the attacks is already given.
Should a player be wrongfully accused, punished and or executed by the player-run tribunal should he be
restored or just cope with it as the cop-for-hire got his evidence and if you try to argue it just provoke
the mob to give them an extra free kill on your sorry hide.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 26 Aug 2010 03:51

If it makes you feel better, Gorboth asks most if you are there when he logs in. That temple is calling for a script: multiple exits, multiple small enemies that can't hurt you, lots of rooms, enough to have more knights waiting at you at the other end by the time you end, up to one platinum coin per kill, no way to trap you there even if a huge team goes chasing you, etc.

I would script the hell out of it if it weren't because others are already doing so :twisted:

I already asked to have that place upgraded, just like with the giants in Throtyl and the orcs in Faerun. It is too easy for the immense reward it gives. In fact, even if you are caught scripting and are zapped, it is worth. You could just continue scripting and be back in size in a couple of days, a thousand platinum coins richer.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 26 Aug 2010 04:44

What temple did you say? :)

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 26 Aug 2010 06:53

Rhynox wrote:I would script the hell out of it if it weren't because others are already doing so :twisted:

I already asked to have that place upgraded, just like with the giants in Throtyl and the orcs in Faerun. It is too easy for the immense reward it gives. In fact, even if you are caught scripting and are zapped, it is worth. You could just continue scripting and be back in size in a couple of days, a thousand platinum coins richer.
Well, now atleast a few more people will go and visit and perhaps benefit, than the ones already scripting it. :)
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 26 Aug 2010 07:01

That is what we did when we learned the goblins in Terel grew in size and experience but not in AC, so you could kill goblins bigger than you in a couple of seconds and get a fantastic as myth in 15 minutes (it is how some vampires and others outgrew everyone else): tell as many as we could so that they had less to kill.
Last edited by Rhynox on 26 Aug 2010 07:08, edited 1 time in total.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Aug 2010 07:07

I truly despise such places ... because of the obvious flaws in their code upon releasing into the environment.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 26 Aug 2010 07:11

I guess it depends on whether your playtesters decide to report the flaws or not ;)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/