Anti-botting Turing test

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Makfly
Champion

Re: Anti-botting Turing test

Post by Makfly » 26 Aug 2010 07:14

Rhynox wrote:That is what we did when we learned the goblins in Terel grew in size and experience but not in AC, so you could kill goblins bigger than you in a couple of seconds and get a fantastic as myth in 15 minutes (it is how some vampires and others outgrew everyone else): tell as many as we could so that they had less to kill.
Yea, must have been great for the ones that got to exploit it, before it was fixed.

Makes you chuckle when some people state that others should just put in the "effort" and grind like they did, if the talk is about size and the unbalances it brings to the game ;)
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 26 Aug 2010 23:54

This bot-hunt. I dont like it at all.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 27 Aug 2010 02:50

Cherek wrote:This bot-hunt. I dont like it at all.
Agreed, let's take a break until it's over so we can get back to using our scripts again.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 27 Aug 2010 03:34

Heh ...

Go ahead and use your scripts. The Administration doesn't care about that at all, so long as you are lurking behind the scripts ready to play the game when encountering other players.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Aug 2010 03:55

No worries Rhaegar, my script actually calls me up on my mobile phone if Gorboth enters so I can use my real life zodiac gem to teleport home and act unbottingly. I can send it to you if you want.

Anahita
Adventurer

Post by Anahita » 27 Aug 2010 07:25

Cherek wrote:No worries Rhaegar, my script actually calls me up on my mobile phone if Gorboth enters so I can use my real life zodiac gem to teleport home and act unbottingly. I can send it to you if you want.
Is there an app for that available on Android yet?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Aug 2010 08:50

Only on iphone.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 27 Aug 2010 17:03

Dude, don't rub it in. My RL Zodiac got dested for the 3rd time last year and you know it.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 02 Sep 2010 08:38

The test has already been done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV0tCphFMr8

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 02 Sep 2010 11:30

Rhynox wrote:I guess it depends on whether your playtesters decide to report the flaws or not ;)
since it's quiet on the forums and I'm bored at work:

bullshit ;) Rhynox - it depends also IF AoB DID the job they're supposed to be existing for, or just "didn't mind" the new things AND what the coder had in mind in the very first place
I hope it's never "I make it more appealing, so ppl come and applaud my creations"

Shaws was such a place (insane exp for a short moment after expand), ReAlbi, Terel gobbos and now Khiraa temple ... I would certainly think that current coders CAN learn from past mistakes, so the only possible reason for this is "intent to be cool" on the coder side?

also such things like Mithas/Icewall grinding with stat clouds, or same stat clouds used to double/quadruple your battle stats, guilds coded with the intent to abuse small intentional perks (like the haste shit for Novo-vamps) ... it really makes me wonder at times if AoB serves it's purpose after all

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/