Crafting Project

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Crafting Project

Post by Amberlee » 24 Apr 2012 23:06

Zhar wrote:So, let me get on the flame bandwagon (and crafting) and state that (purely in my own opinion), sadly, crafting in Genesis is non-existent and "craft guilds" as they are called are a joke out of the guild type. As long as you can advance in ranks and train skills without actually doing anything even remotely related to the craft guild you're in, this can't work. The idea of changing guild type of the ones that don't offer anything combat-related or other similar utilities to craft type as to free up slots was a sound one, but I think flawed at its core. They're more like a background/hobby guilds. Not crafting.

Neither can it work when "crafting" guilds don't really produce anything of value to other players. Gardeners should be able to gather, grow and dry herbs. Alchemists could then produce quality potions, ointments, unguents and what not from them and other stuff. Smiths should be able to craft superb equipment, perhaps even with magical properties thanks to adding alchemical components to the forging process etc. etc.

Inter-dependency, high quality and desired products, actually having to "craft" to be able to do the good stuff. THIS is what crafting in Genesis needs.

Edit: moved from flames section.
Dude, if you make this happen..
Then you become my hero, and i will petition Gorboth for a "Zhar Day"
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 25 Apr 2012 07:58

Much of this was planned, originally. We just lost the coders to make it happen.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 Apr 2012 09:22

suggestion: work on a solution to avoid simple alt-to-alt trading, or else it will be another way to abuse them

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 25 Apr 2012 10:26

amberlee wrote:
Zhar wrote:So, let me get on the flame bandwagon (and crafting) and state that (purely in my own opinion), sadly, crafting in Genesis is non-existent and "craft guilds" as they are called are a joke out of the guild type. As long as you can advance in ranks and train skills without actually doing anything even remotely related to the craft guild you're in, this can't work. The idea of changing guild type of the ones that don't offer anything combat-related or other similar utilities to craft type as to free up slots was a sound one, but I think flawed at its core. They're more like a background/hobby guilds. Not crafting.

Neither can it work when "crafting" guilds don't really produce anything of value to other players. Gardeners should be able to gather, grow and dry herbs. Alchemists could then produce quality potions, ointments, unguents and what not from them and other stuff. Smiths should be able to craft superb equipment, perhaps even with magical properties thanks to adding alchemical components to the forging process etc. etc.

Inter-dependency, high quality and desired products, actually having to "craft" to be able to do the good stuff. THIS is what crafting in Genesis needs.

Edit: moved from flames section.
Dude, if you make this happen..
Then you become my hero, and i will petition Gorboth for a "Zhar Day"
Perhaps I could take a look at crafting when I'm done with the thing I'm doing right now. No promises though, I was just expressing my personal feelings on the matter.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 25 Apr 2012 14:39

Meh, you just want your Zhar day ;p
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 27 Apr 2012 10:30

I think we should really listen to what Laurel has to say here.... his opinion is never wrong and his ideas are really thought through and insightful.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/