Worshipper Recode Update

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
petros
Site Admin

Re: Worshipper Recode Update

Post by petros » 09 Apr 2014 07:45

Final update

- finished the practice levels for each spell
- set guild stat limits for each spell
- changed the guild stat formula to prevent suicide guild-stat buildup.
- added in the restrictions based on guild quest completion

So what does that mean? Well, all of the guild code is ready! Sometime between now and the end of the weekend, I will be enabling the join procedures for the guild.
- existing Worshippers will be able to touch the sphere and have everything converted over to the new guild. Note that once you migrate, there's no going back!
- non-Worshippers will have to join the guild as per the normal procedures
- the old guild will remain in place for a month for people to log in and transition. Existing worshippers who don't log in before the final transition will be kicked out of their guild and will have to join through the normal routes again.

I'll, of course, post all this in the game boards once I make the announcement. Stay tuned!!

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 09 Apr 2014 09:03

Just a quick question. Do the worshippers retain the layman branch or do the existing worshippers need to leave their occupational guild in order to convert?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 09 Apr 2014 09:19

As I have understood it, this is a layman guild that is being recoded from the old spell & combat system to the new. On top of that the theme and setup of the guild is being structured so it is ready for the occupational guild (Elemental Clerics) that will open (some day before Christmas).

The members of the current Elemental Worshippers (laymanguild) therefore do not need to leave their occupational branch to switch to the recoded (combat+spell+structure) Worshipper (laymanguild).

The occupational branch of the guild (which will be a mix of the old worshipper+ Walker theme/setup and merged with SCoP - meaning scop will close) will be the Elemental Clerics (whereas right now we only have Spirit Circle Clerics). I do not know how far the occupational branch is though.
Lawful evil - conform or die.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 09 Apr 2014 13:59

Hektor is correct. This is just a layman guild update.

Quick breakdown of where the Elementalist guild will be:
Elemental Clerics (occupational - in progress)
Elemental Worshippers (layman, quest and application required - soon to be released)
Elemental Seekers (layman free join) - probably get to it after the rest of the magic guild recodes

The Elemental Clerics will be an OCC + LAY (and probably RACE) guild. That means you will have to leave all other guilds to join it. Much of the work in getting EW out the door was the building of the new Temple that will house the Elementalist Guild and laying the groundwork for the spell system. Once EW is out, EC should not be too far behind. "By Christmas" is definitely in the cards :)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 09 Apr 2014 16:19

petros wrote: "By Christmas" is definitely in the cards :)

Not that he didnt mention the year ;) We see through the By Christmas trickery! :P

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 09 Apr 2014 16:47

petros wrote:Hektor is correct. This is just a layman guild update.

Elemental Worshippers (layman, quest and application required - soon to be released)
Elemental Seekers (layman free join) - probably get to it after the rest of the magic guild recodes

The Elemental Clerics will be an OCC + LAY (and probably RACE) guild. That means you will have to leave all other guilds to join it. Much of the work in getting EW out the door was the building of the new Temple that will house the Elementalist Guild and laying the groundwork for the spell system. Once EW is out, EC should not be too far behind. "By Christmas" is definitely in the cards :)
WHAT!

I can't be a Kender anymore!!! My identity! Who am I if not a Kender! :cry:

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 09 Apr 2014 18:37

Windemere wrote:
petros wrote:Hektor is correct. This is just a layman guild update.

WHAT!

How about I open this Halfling Cannibal guild in Cirath I always wanted to make? ;)
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 09 Apr 2014 19:25

Windemere wrote: WHAT!

When you serve a deity (or deities), you're supposed to find your identity in them.... besides, how much cooler is it to be a fire djini than a kender?!?

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 09 Apr 2014 19:28

Hmmm I may well have to reaffirm that with an age old Hektor warcry....

You shout: A M A Z I N G F L A M E ! ! !
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 09 Apr 2014 19:29

petros wrote:
Windemere wrote: WHAT!

When you serve a deity (or deities), you're supposed to find your identity in them.... besides, how much cooler is it to be a fire djini than a kender?!?
Idea here...just throwing it out there...I still be a kender, but when I shout "Flame On!" I become a Fire Djini.

And so as not to Hijack too much, you are right. When you worship a deity you find your identity in that deity. The only reason I raise it is that after playing this character for 7+ years as a Kender, I will be essentially reinventing the character. I rather like the charm of a Kender cleric.

Windemere

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/