Zhar's interesting ideas

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zhar
Wizard

Zhar's interesting ideas

Post by Zhar » 11 Feb 2014 14:57

[Moderator: I split this post off of the 'Problems' thread since it was actually talking about solutions, and the goal of that thread was simply to state problems.]

I have a crazy idea that could potentially revitalize the game a bit. How about some form of getting achievement points/tokens or something (not specified yet, need to think on that) that you can later turn in for tangible rewards.
Possible rewards:
- change appearance/race (without dying)
- redistribute stats
- transfer (not copy) qexp to your second (so you get a fresh start with already developed character and don't have to do the quests again)
- other stuff

Similar to how most of the games this days have the in-game currency that you can acquire while playing and then spend on cosmetics and stuff. Do you think that if people would be able to transfer their qexp for example, that maybe they wouldn't be "stuck" in the forevergrind with a single character?

P. S.

Copy-pasting it from another forum. I think it's an interesting discussion (this one is regarding the upcoming TESO) about RP vs PP in games:
On February 11 2014 21:45 Silvanel wrote:
On February 11 2014 14:16 Simberto wrote:
On February 11 2014 12:55 hzflank wrote:
Yeah the worse thing about this game is all the Elder Scrolls fans! ;)

I have never played an Elder Scrolls game so am only judging this as an mmo, and it better than I was expecting.
But people get baited into it by calling the games mmoRPGs, and in the case of WoW having actual RP servers (where noone ever RPs, because noone reacts to people RPing).

As someone who enjoys PnP RPGs, i always found it annoying how noone on the RP server i joined ever RPd. I learned to accept it and simply not do it myself either, but i still think that an MMORPG in which people actually immerse themselves and try to act in character would be simply amazing. Sadly that will never happen, because a lot of people are incapable of grasping the concept of actually playing a character instead of using the ingame character as an extension of yourself, and sadly those same people are also incapable of NOT joining an RP server even when there are 3 RP servers and 50 non-RP servers. And they are incapable of NOT interfering with people who try to RP by jumping around them shouting LOLOLOLOL.
Role Playing works only on small dedicated servers/games with selected people. Personaly ( i am a guy who plays PnP RPG and LARPs since like 15 years) i dont play MMO for roleplaying part. I play it for pvp for the challange, to be best and beat the shit out of Your enemies. If You want good Role Playing experience big servers are NO NO. Just choose something small where dedicated group of people spends their time that way.
Sad truth is, You have to put a lot of effort in good role playing, effrort that could be put into being better at the game. So its a choice between being competitive and good roleplaying.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Kiara
Champion

Re: Zhar's interesting ideas

Post by Kiara » 12 Feb 2014 00:00

You have lots of both crazy and good ideas...

I dare you to code one of them!:) (preferably a good one).

Personally I like the quests and dislike the grind, so I would like to transfer my combat experience, not my quest experience, to another character...

Redistribute stats would obviously be nice to be able to do without dying a gazillion of times.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 12 Feb 2014 00:48

No worries then. Right now I'm working on a quest (which will allow people to grow even bigger!).

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 12 Feb 2014 08:29

Which project are you currently coding on, Zhar?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 12 Feb 2014 13:44

Zhar wrote:No worries then. Right now I'm working on a quest (which will allow people to grow even bigger!).
Woho!

Guess I am one of few who reacts like that, but I honestly do. More quests!

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 13 Feb 2014 12:52

Makfly wrote:Which project are you currently coding on, Zhar?
I was doing the Archers, but I didn't really feel it at the moment, then IRL issues happened and in order to get my yin & yang in order I needed some completely unrelated project that wouldn't burn me out. So, I'm making a quest right now. Can't divulge into much detail, all I can say is that mechanics for it are 90% complete (as in, the quest is perfectly solvable), need some additional testing and fix a couple of minor issues, then it's just adding rewards, finishing touches and wrapping it up. I think that eveyone will be pleased with this one, even people who normally dislike questing ;)

Edit: I think I'll ask Petros to move it to the "Land of the Immortals" section. Can as well use this thread as a form of a blog to share ideas and progress with you guys and gals.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 02 Mar 2014 22:03

Just wanted to inform everyone that I have some cool stuff planned out for some things people have been asking for repeatedly (finalizing the documentation draft for discussion and approval) but the work is going a bit slow on my end this past couple of weeks and it's been like that because of two reasons:

I hope to get back on track with more active coding soon. When I get some more conrete info on what of my initial plans will actually make it to the game I'll let you all know.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 03 Mar 2014 22:55

Awwwww .... cute kids!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 03 Mar 2014 22:56

gorboth wrote:Awwwww .... cute kids!

G.
Find Satan in the picture. You have 3 tries ;)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 03 Mar 2014 23:31

The radiator.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/