Crafting - fishing and hunting

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Snowrose
Rising Hero

Re: Crafting - fishing and hunting

Post by Snowrose » 21 Oct 2014 04:03

I love the idea of "Fashion items" I would join a craft guild that was able to make cosmetic items. even if they did nothing mechanically useful.

As far as hunting goes as a ranger I do not mind if the hunting mechanic was available to everyone.
and expanded on to provide pelts/skinning.

Have we considered expanding cooking or adding brewing as well. maybe add the ability to "farm" in greenhouses or on various farm that are already in the game, to gardeners. (greenhouses may be spread around like forges are for smiths)

id love to be able to used herbs to make teas as well. even if these food and drinks are no better than purchasable ones.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 21 Oct 2014 07:09

Keep the ideas coming. Right now I'm polishing the hunting and thinking on the best ways of implementing it. For starters I'd like to focus on simply getting the basic mechanic to work and adding some shops that would buy the skins and meat. I guess that in the beginning it would be more of an additional income source than anything but with possibilities for future expansion.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Tindell
Apprentice

Post by Tindell » 26 Aug 2017 13:01

Zhar wrote:Keep the ideas coming. Right now I'm polishing the hunting and thinking on the best ways of implementing it. For starters I'd like to focus on simply getting the basic mechanic to work and adding some shops that would buy the skins and meat. I guess that in the beginning it would be more of an additional income source than anything but with possibilities for future expansion.
I was thinking of posting a suggestion about how cooking might be an interesting thing to implement in the game, and came across this post.
Any news or updates on the hunting system?

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 27 Aug 2017 01:22

My master plan for a leatherworker/woodcarver craft guild advances, one tiny step at a time. Care for the Rangers though, crossing out stuff they distinctly do would be nasty :(

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/