Describe your favourite domain, get a reward!

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Syrk
Rising Hero

Re: Describe your favourite domain, get a reward!

Post by Syrk » 27 Nov 2014 12:25

Calia

Two lines seems not enough for the great domain. So here it goes.

A truly unique land of original feel where the history and the present captivate
your imagination. Moors, seas, vast forests, cities and villages of distinct
feel ready to be explored by beginner players.
Noteworthy the city of Gelan, the home of two beginner guilds: the Cadets
for warriors apprentices and the Academy for magic users.

Plenty of charming nooks around but with some scrunity even more interesting
places can be found, so get ready for caves infested with undeads, sunken cities,
dark temples hidden within woods, armies preparing for invasion, islands
holding many stories and riddles. And more.

Brave women folk may look for the Amazons Camp in Silent Forest and experienced
fighters visit mount Kyrus where dwell the protectors of Calia - Calian Warriors.
Not so easy to find are the Elemental Worshippers and the Spirit Circle of Psuchae
but one who seeks and sets on a journey will find it worthy.

Ride a chariot, create experimental potions, kiss a frog, explore a sunken ship...
Go there and do it now!

Ragni
Wanderer

Post by Ragni » 27 Nov 2014 14:17

Cirath

The relentless Dark Sun beats down on you as you explore this inhospitable land. In the east stands the great city state of Tyr where Gladiators fight to the death in a blood stained arena, Templar's ruthlessly enforce the law and unruly mobs seethe with rebellion. All the while the mad sorcerer-king Kalak plots his ascension to godhood. To the south rumors tell of bandit encampments hidden amongst the endless sand dunes, whilst westward a caravan route snakes it's way into the Kalad wastes.

First attempt

Ragni

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Nov 2014 15:10

Syrk: Thanks! But I think I want to keep it short. The idea is to have a few lines that just set the "mood" of the domain. Then I simply write some general info, which guilds are there etc. Just plain info without any fuzz.:)

What I need help with is the short "mood-setting-text". I suppose I should have explained that better perhaps. Sorry. I'll happily use the beginning and end of your text though, I think those parts set the mood very well. Or if you wanna shorten it a bit yourself thats fine too!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Nov 2014 15:11

Ragni wrote:Cirath

The relentless Dark Sun beats down on you as you explore this inhospitable land. In the east stands the great city state of Tyr where Gladiators fight to the death in a blood stained arena, Templar's ruthlessly enforce the law and unruly mobs seethe with rebellion. All the while the mad sorcerer-king Kalak plots his ascension to godhood. To the south rumors tell of bandit encampments hidden amongst the endless sand dunes, whilst westward a caravan route snakes it's way into the Kalad wastes.

First attempt

Ragni
That sounds excellent to me!

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 27 Nov 2014 20:12

Calia is a tough one since there is so much there. I had similar issues with sparkle keeping it short hence why outside sparkle got its own blurb. and yes the Tyr one is awsome. Terel is also going to be tough to keep short...

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 27 Nov 2014 21:10

Faerun: Orcs, shades and Vampires. Also I hear there's quests too.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 28 Nov 2014 20:54

Cherek wrote:Syrk: Thanks! But I think I want to keep it short. The idea is to have a few lines that just set the "mood" of the domain. Then I simply write some general info, which guilds are there etc. Just plain info without any fuzz.:)

What I need help with is the short "mood-setting-text". I suppose I should have explained that better perhaps. Sorry. I'll happily use the beginning and end of your text though, I think those parts set the mood very well. Or if you wanna shorten it a bit yourself thats fine too!
A truly unique land where the history and the present captivate your imagination.

Get ready for caves infested with undeads, sunken cities, dark temples hidden within woods,
armies preparing for invasion, islands holding many stories and riddles. And more.

Ride a chariot, create experimental potions, kiss a frog, explore a shipwreck...
Go there and do it now!

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 28 Nov 2014 21:19

Calia

Version 2

The cycle of life is eternal in this land created by the Elementals
and thanks to Their Servants it enjoys peace and prosperity.
However the undeads infest remote and pitchy corners, dark temples
are hidden within woods and armies are preparing for invasion...

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 28 Nov 2014 23:57

Krynn: Travel the world plagued by constant conflicts between warring factions. Immerse yourself in magnificent cities like Palanthas and Neraka or lurk in the shadows, carving your own destiny under your terms. Find the hero within as you battle creatures of both might and magic. Conquer the plains of war for your guild or your gods and change the fate of Krynn.

Ansalon: Travel the southern continent of Krynn where Elves, Draconians, Dwarves, and even Minotaurs live close together. Venture into the fortress of Pax Tharkas or traverse the plains of Abanasinia. Visit the town of Solace and enjoy the smell of Otik's potatoes! There are many mysteries to unlock as you discover new locations and unique characters. Can you become a legend as well?

-Bromen

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 29 Nov 2014 00:46

Sparkle: The Great Hub of the realms. Heroes will find helpful information, rest, and items of great power lingering at their fingertips. Start off your adventures among friend and foe. Find aid by hiring a mercenary to fight at your side or befriend a disciple of the Dragon Order to show you the path to enlightenment. Powerful magic resides within the city and adventure lurks outside it's boundaries. Can you find the Dwarf King? Can you conquer the perils of the Orc Fortress? Be steadfast and brave as these lands help prepare you for a future full of wonder!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/