Herald of the Valar

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Herald of the Valar

Post by Amberlee » 17 Feb 2015 23:19

Never really got how Heralds of the Valar fit into Middle Earth thematically in truth.

My 2cc.

Remove the "heralds" and replace them with a similar guild based in Krynn.
Worshipping the gods of good or neutrality(chosen by deity selected upon joining) 8-)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 18 Feb 2015 13:03

apparently the thought is gandalf, saramon, and the foresty one with the bunny cart (i can never spell his name) are what heralds are based on. hence the eagle recall. It sounds like the change will make them more gandalfy and give them more of a lore basis.

if they were going to reimagine/move heralds id sooner vote
1: moving to terel calling them mystics,(to bring back a peice of genesis history)
2: turning them back into Hin Warroirs (defenders of the shire) due to thats what they started as.

maybe they will someday add an evil chapter for heralds there is one evil valar.... or just make necromancers a appropriate layman equivolent.
as for nutral heralds ....um .... EW...

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 18 Feb 2015 13:20

I would not be in favor of moving them to Terel and turning them into the Mystics. If you are going to reopen the Mystics.. it needs to be done right. They were not a laymen guild. And making them so would really cheapen the guild. It was a guild that took up all three guild slots for good reason. I'm all for reopening/recoding them based on new magic system. But I've been told when asking Gorboth that "it aint' going to happen".
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 18 Feb 2015 22:14

Kitriana wrote:I would not be in favor of moving them to Terel and turning them into the Mystics. If you are going to reopen the Mystics.. it needs to be done right. They were not a laymen guild. And making them so would really cheapen the guild. It was a guild that took up all three guild slots for good reason. I'm all for reopening/recoding them based on new magic system. But I've been told when asking Gorboth that "it aint' going to happen".
At least, not without Mecien.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 18 Feb 2015 22:22

Boo hoo!

Anyone have his email address so I can hound him :D
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 19 Feb 2015 07:39

Kitriana wrote:Boo hoo!

Anyone have his email address so I can hound him :D
IF you get ahold of Mecien, tell him to contact me too, I wanna say hi, been a long long time since we had a chat now ;)
Flee you fools!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 22 Feb 2015 15:11

Bring back the Hin Warriors I say!!

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 02 Mar 2015 20:16

quick idea:

Maybe it would be good to make spells in layman caster-guilds VERY skill-dependant? So it will be possible for people to join mercs as occ and actually play Herald, Necromancer, Worshipper etc? They will have a choice to go classic 25/25/25/25 (weapon/def/parry/two handed combat) or to go 50/50 (spellcraft/magic school) - it will decrease their combat potential, but will actually make them useful (heal in heralds). They could also combine it to become crazy mage-warrior (some combat skills + boosted fry from necromancers for example :))

just an idea (maybe it is against a big scheme prepared for magic-guilds recode etc, but i think it is worthy to discuss it anyway)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 02 Mar 2015 20:23

I agree! :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 03 Mar 2015 15:44

Kvator wrote:quick idea:

Maybe it would be good to make spells in layman caster-guilds VERY skill-dependant? So it will be possible for people to join mercs as occ and actually play Herald, Necromancer, Worshipper etc? They will have a choice to go classic 25/25/25/25 (weapon/def/parry/two handed combat) or to go 50/50 (spellcraft/magic school) - it will decrease their combat potential, but will actually make them useful (heal in heralds). They could also combine it to become crazy mage-warrior (some combat skills + boosted fry from necromancers for example :))

just an idea (maybe it is against a big scheme prepared for magic-guilds recode etc, but i think it is worthy to discuss it anyway)

Cool, idea. I tried speccing with mercs and EW, but not a noticeable difference. This would also make imbuements with "something" spell skills useable:-)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/