Quest Updates

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Quest Updates

Post by gorboth » 27 Mar 2017 01:57

Quest Update
Shire - Fisherman's Quest

Fixed it so the worms respawn more than once per Army. About freakin' time.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 28 Mar 2017 01:24

Yes! Thank you!
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 28 Mar 2017 02:07

Quest Update
Kalad - Beggar's Quest

A player with keen eyes noticed that the Beggar's Quest in Kalad apparently has been missing from the quest orbs in Sparkle for quite some time (Thank you for letting us know!) It's fixed now, so feel free to recheck the quest orb for Kalad. Perhaps there's a "new" quest there for you to finish now! And if you already did it without it being listed, don't worry, you still got the XP, the problem was just in the orb listings and not related to the quest itself. If you did it in the past, it should now show up as completed for you at the number 1 spot.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 30 Apr 2017 11:21

much appreciated
will be good to review whats on http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/ after changes are made
good luck with Terel ones lol
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Shesara
Beginner

Post by Shesara » 27 Nov 2017 16:13

Two quests from Shire do not appear on the quest orbs (until you have solved them), which means that new players cannot get hints on these quests.

The quests are:

Adventuresome Hobbits Entrance

and

Climb Quest

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 06 Sep 2018 05:51

Due to reports from a player, I did some investigation into the Porter, Oats, and Denethor quest in Gondor. All three of them had been incorrectly coded such that they assumed the ancient 24-hour cycle for Army resets. The quest npcs were stuck for our current Army cycles at whatever the Gondor Clock happened to give them when they were first spawned. I checked, and these quests have only been completed by a tiny handful of players since 2005.

I've reconfigured them so that they now accurately check the Gondor clock on a regular basis, and will be available to any players who want to do them and find them during the appropriate Gondor cycle.

Apologies to all players who have been confused by their listings and inability to get them going. Please let me know if this fix has not addressed the problem (keeping in mind that they will still *NOT* be available if the Gondor clock is not in the right stage.)

Cheers,
G.

[Update: Coordination with the player in question revealed multiple points along the path of the Porter and Oats quests that also needed code revision. That has been done, and I can verify that those two quests now work properly. The Denethor quest is, as yet, unverified as solvable, but is currently open for attempts.]
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 06 Sep 2018 18:36

I split posts that started to talk about Minas Tirith access to their own thread in the General section. Let's stay on topic of quest updates here, please.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 08 Sep 2018 20:44

gorboth wrote:
[Update: Coordination with the player in question revealed multiple points along the path of the Porter and Oats quests that also needed code revision. That has been done, and I can verify that those two quests now work properly. The Denethor quest is, as yet, unverified as solvable, but is currently open for attempts.]
34: Porter Quest
35: Oat Quest
36: Denethor Quest

All of them are solvable as I did them before this change, just can't follow the quest guide blindly.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/