Sybarus/Avenir update

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Lilith
Wizard

Sybarus/Avenir update

Post by Lilith » 25 Feb 2015 22:17

Celebrate the Source!

I've been making some updates in Avenir and have some more in store.

Presently I am working on re-writing/updating the quest orb hints for the domain, so the quest orb in the Tower of Realms does not reflect that there are two new quests opened in the Utterdark. Seek out Maivia, the leader of the dark elves. There will be another one from him, and I'm in the process of opening up a couple of unfinished quests elsewhere (that mystery gate on the Necronisi, the cave in the spire on the Holm, etc)

Yesterday I implemented a re-code of the ogres. Previously I'd made some updates but the results were more random than I liked. Please let me know if you notice any issues with the changes.

Also, with the influx of new players (welcome!), it has become apparent that people ignorant of the rivalry between the shadow-elves of Sybarus and the dark elves of the Utterdark were mistaking the Shadow Union foremen overseeing construction for their dark elf enemies and unwittingly landing themselves in trouble with the Shadow Union. I've made some changes that will hopefully make the differences more apparent. You should see the full effects after Armageddon.

It had been my hope to implement a celebration for Sybarus' 1000 year anniversary this week, but alas, Real Life has prevented me accomplishing it beforehand. Who knows, I might still get something out there for you to enjoy before the year 1001 comes.

I am actively monitoring the 'bug' 'typo' 'idea' and 'praise' logs in Avenir, so please do use those commands to give your input.

And lastly, thanks for playing!

Lilith

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Sybarus/Avenir update

Post by gorboth » 26 Feb 2015 01:50

Great stuff - thanks Lilith!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 26 Feb 2015 06:35

Lilith wrote: Also, with the influx of new players (welcome!), it has become apparent that people ignorant of the rivalry between the shadow-elves of Sybarus and the dark elves of the Utterdark were mistaking the Shadow Union foremen overseeing construction for their dark elf enemies and unwittingly landing themselves in trouble with the Shadow Union. I've made some changes that will hopefully make the differences more apparent. You should see the full effects after Armageddon.
Aaaaw! One of the most awesome things I remember as a newbie is beeing hunted by Anfalas and some other SHadow Onion wretch ;) Its part of the fun :D

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 26 Feb 2015 18:23

Presently I am working on re-writing/updating the quest orb hints for the domain, so the quest orb in the Tower of Realms does not reflect that there are two new quests opened in the Utterdark. Seek out Maivia, the leader of the dark elves. There will be another one from him, and I'm in the process of opening up a couple of unfinished quests elsewhere (that mystery gate on the Necronisi, the cave in the spire on the Holm, etc)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tjana's stones to?? Pretty pretty please! And the Gatekeeper!?!?

Lilith
Wizard

Post by Lilith » 27 Feb 2015 02:12

Zestana wrote:

Tjana's stones to?? Pretty pretty please! And the Gatekeeper!?!?
The Tjana Statue/Stones quest is a bit complicated. I never finished it because I lacked the coding skills. My skills are better than they were at the time, but rusty now. What I have in mind is do-able, but will take me some time -- which, with a toddler crawling all over me 12-14 hours a day, isn't easy to come by ;)

As for the Gatekeeper, which one do you mean? The one on the Necronisi? That is part of a larger quest that I'm slowly working on. The "new" Find the Captain's Watch quest is one piece of it.

Lilith

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 27 Feb 2015 17:05

Understandable on Tjana.

And yes the Necronisi gatekeeper. I remember spending hours on the Holm searching for him after getting the gate guard to talk about it. A nice little unsolvable (at the time) puzzle I can thank M for putting me on to. :evil: :evil: I actually forgot all about the Captain's Watch its been so long since I stumbled across that little segment.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/