Elven Archers

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arman
Wizard

Re: Elven Archers

Post by Arman » 02 Apr 2016 16:07

Resnick wrote:Greetings all. Was the Archers recode completed, or is it still ongoing?
Hi Resnick, Zhar - the wizard who started this thread - isn't working on the archers anymore.

The guild is likely to get some love in the medium term... it is one of four guilds on our list that require some love from the domain wizards (although currently sitting in fourth for priority). On the positive side, two of those four guilds have progressed to the point where we are looking at the other ones.

Resnick
Beginner

Post by Resnick » 02 Apr 2016 18:44

Arman wrote:
Resnick wrote:Greetings all. Was the Archers recode completed, or is it still ongoing?
Hi Resnick, Zhar - the wizard who started this thread - isn't working on the archers anymore.

The guild is likely to get some love in the medium term... it is one of four guilds on our list that require some love from the domain wizards (although currently sitting in fourth for priority). On the positive side, two of those four guilds have progressed to the point where we are looking at the other ones.
Thanks for the update Arman.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 22 Apr 2016 18:12

That is true. Since Krynn isn't so understaffed any more I've been reassigned from being all over the place to Khalakhor (which was pretty much vacant and the most work I did as a wizard was there).

I hope that whoever will be in charge of this recode will find this thread useful.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 04 May 2017 22:09

gorboth wrote:Fair enough! I'll lay off of mattack changes with Mercs. Good to know they can adapt with bow already. It's nice when people remind me of the things I already did.

*blush*

G.

Given this recode is in limbo how about not laying off the mattack change.. The merc archer would instantly become a viable damage dealing guild combo?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 04 May 2017 23:57

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... 438&hilit=

The recode's not in limbo. Check out Arman's roadmap for Krynn.

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 06 Jul 2017 09:21

Arman wrote:

The order the items were listed in the roadmap for 2017? Or in a different order?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 06 Jul 2017 14:41

Luma wrote:
Arman wrote:

The order the items were listed in the roadmap for 2017? Or in a different order?
The roadmap work being done isn't really in order. I'll provide a mid year update to it in a few weeks, although I can say Carnak has been doing a lot of work on the elven archers recode.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 10 Jul 2017 17:11

Arman wrote:
The roadmap work being done isn't really in order. I'll provide a mid year update to it in a few weeks, although I can say Carnak has been doing a lot of work on the elven archers recode.
Pls consider archery/spellcasting combo - currently it's excluding each other (you can't shoot while casting spells) and I believe it could have been funny option (spellcasting is not dirsupting melee combat, so why it should dirsrupt archery? - no sense atm)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 10 Jul 2017 20:48

Kvator wrote:
Arman wrote:
Pls consider archery/spellcasting combo - currently it's excluding each other (you can't shoot while casting spells) and I believe it could have been funny option (spellcasting is not dirsupting melee combat, so why it should dirsrupt archery? - no sense atm)
Yeah, you can't do 'white damage' - non special damage - when casting... that goes for bows too. We had to make changes to the magic system before opening the SoHM to allow specials to work with spell casting... otherwise a purely occupational magic guild as opposed to occ and lay wouldn't work.

Archers are being completely reworked. They will have specials.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 10 Jul 2017 21:02

Arman wrote:
Kvator wrote:
Arman wrote:
Yeah, you can't do 'white damage' - non special damage - when casting... that goes for bows too. We had to make changes to the magic system before opening the SoHM to allow specials to work with spell casting... otherwise a purely occupational magic guild as opposed to occ and lay wouldn't work.

Archers are being completely reworked. They will have specials.
mo, imbuing arrows ahead would be the way to make em stick out alittle :) Long prep on making arrows, requiring mats etc, if you spend alot of time making imbued arrows, you do alot of damage, if you just run out, you have to imbue em on the fly wich leads to not as many shots in a row.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/