Elven Archers

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kvator
Champion

Re: Elven Archers

Post by Kvator » 10 Jan 2020 14:25

Yup - Archers are legit.

One vital (imho) thing's missing but I've heard it won't be implemented cause 'decisions' - but it's still pretty fun experience. Props to Carnak :)

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 29 Apr 2020 23:28

I noticed people leaving archers just after a couple of days. Why is that?

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 02 May 2020 13:18

Rincon wrote:
29 Apr 2020 23:28
I noticed people leaving archers just after a couple of days. Why is that?
Well - ppl are checking stuff?

Archers are quite ok (much much better than they used to be), but still powerplay-wise they're just a poor version of Calia without move behind and very limited layman pool.

'ranger things' that are there to offset it caid-wise* (hue hue) are pretty much useless ofc (maybe except for awareness that is always 'nice to have')

*btw - why 'ranger things' weren't removed from AA after their specials got boosted (they now have decent dmg, decent tanking, some nice in-combat utility and ON TOP OF THAT out of combat utility - pretty silly imho -> they're now kind of better version of Knights, that can go goblin and have less restritctions)?

Morglum
Beginner

Post by Morglum » 03 May 2020 01:01

AA got nerfed in the process though. You can't defend non-AA people as you used to.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 03 May 2020 20:36

A bonus to everything, but 1 thing removed, is a nerf?

Morglum
Beginner

Post by Morglum » 04 May 2020 02:49

Thalric wrote:
03 May 2020 20:36
A bonus to everything, but 1 thing removed, is a nerf?
They're not as useful in teams any more (outside of pure AA teams of course). Imagine the outrage if Calians were changed so that move behind and swarm would only work when used with other Calians...

AA needed some buffs before. Whereas in guilds like Dragonarmies all of your tax goes into boosting your damage and one of the best power level increasing utilities for the entire team in the game (dragonfear) the AA suffer from their tax being split into offense and defense. Then you have the fact that if you're in a team and not actually the one taking hits all the tax you have in defensive specials is going to waste. Previously you could at least shield your tank to boost their defence a bit but now you're just not using 50% of your guild's power when in a team (if you're tanking you are, don't get me wrong, but that's only good if you are always the designated tank).

And all the other benefits? Like the retreat thingine? We've already established that to use your guild to the fullest you should be the designated tank, this role entails being able to resist damage that's being thrown at you so why would we get the ability to get us out of the frontline? It's counter-productive, if we got some form of taunt or rescue (more like breaking formation and throwing yourself at the enemy like a madman or an idiot) to actually get into position where you're taking hits that would be awesome instead.

AA is a guild of contradictions where a lot of the tax you're paing is going to waste. Higher sneak and hide than rangers and special that works from hiding but no autosneak so no one is actually using it. Specials geared towards being frontline tank and another one that gets you out of the frontline... I didn't even bother to train it but I'm still paying tax for it.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 04 May 2020 10:03

And yet they are a lot more active now.
Which certainly means they are more playable, and most likely also more powerful.
Nobody, and certainly not grinders, join a weak and useless guild.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 04 May 2020 11:19

I have seen Archers grouping with Dragonarmies (the main enemy of the guild lore-wise, according to the great Library and the guildmaster's idle chatter) to kill their own camp. For such actions, people should be auto-kicked. I don't want them being in my guild hall or carrying the title of a famed Archer while conducting themselves in this despicable and traitorous way, and I am not sure why they are allowed to stay in the first place.

Technically, I gues killing the guildhall is easy enough to trace, and since the act of teaming with intro-ed DAs is not viable to code, alignment is a supplement. (Alignment is supposedly only-good anyway, you cannot join or progress as evil but people go evil after they finish progression cause evil op I guess)

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 04 May 2020 14:35

Morglum wrote:
03 May 2020 01:01
AA got nerfed in the process though. You can't defend non-AA people as you used to.
xDDD
Morglum wrote:
04 May 2020 02:49

AA needed some buffs before. Whereas in guilds like Dragonarmies all of your tax goes into boosting your damage and one of the best power level increasing utilities for the entire team in the game (dragonfear) the AA suffer from their tax being split into offense and defense. Then you have the fact that if you're in a team and not actually the one taking hits all the tax you have in defensive specials is going to waste. Previously you could at least shield your tank to boost their defence a bit but now you're just not using 50% of your guild's power when in a team (if you're tanking you are, don't get me wrong, but that's only good if you are always the designated tank).
it's getting better!

Neidars - most useless guild in the whole mud then xD
Morglum wrote:
AA is a guild of contradictions where a lot of the tax you're paing is going to waste. Higher sneak and hide than rangers and special that works from hiding but no autosneak so no one is actually using it. Specials geared towards being frontline tank and another one that gets you out of the frontline... I didn't even bother to train it but I'm still paying tax for it.
Good offence and good defence - so hard to decide, what a waste!

Guild of contradictions? My sweet summer child...ever tried fully tank-oriented guild that require race with minuses to con and prevent you from using shield? xD
You know nothing lol.
Morglum wrote:
They're not as useful in teams any more (outside of pure AA teams of course). Imagine the outrage if Calians were changed so that move behind and swarm would only work when used with other Calians...
'Calia argument' never gets old it seems xD

All evil guilds in the Genesis are super strong atm (average evil guild is way better than average goodie guild -> like AA now being the better version of Knights for example)....but hey CALIA!

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 04 May 2020 15:26

No Kvator.
Evils are not stronger than goodie guilds at the moment.
There is however something more closely resembling a balance nowdays.
Still a knight is stronger than a DA of even size.
Calia still has the best DPS.
Neidar are the strongest tanks.
EC are MUCH stronger than PoT and i'd say on even footing with MM.
What makes AA so good now is their versatility.
They are not the strongest DPS and not the strongest tanks.
They are however very versatile which in itself is a strength.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/