Auction House Bug - Item disappearing

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
britanica
Wizard

Auction House Bug - Item disappearing

Post by britanica » 24 Dec 2015 06:53

The auction house has a problem with items going missing and nobody knowing why, time to fix it.

Known:

When players are entering the auction tent, they are told the auctioneer has something for them. Then the auctioneer mentions the item is gone or that is strange and states he will investigate further.

When players are re-listing an item at the auction tent, reports have been made that the item has disappeared and no compensation was given to the player.

Questions?

Is there a pattern to the frequency that this is occurring? Every time upon entering the auction house? Only the first time after Armageddon it occurs? Did it only happen once?

Our logs on the auction house look pretty good. Please post if you can, the time the auction was listed, the item description that was being auctioned, and any other related times you can.

Once you post here, please send me an in-game mail and if I am online, I will find you anywhere in the realm asap to assist in uncovering this mystery.

I have contacted a few of you in game and directed you to this forum concerning the Auction House Strange Behavior. Please post your OOC auction house losing items problems here.

Solution Options:
[currently awaiting feedback before proposing]

Time lines:
Current World Start: Dec 24 03:10:19

Next Armageddon: Jan 4 22:51:53
Plan to have any required modifications to the logging in place for the next Armageddon cycle.

Following Armageddon 2 week later
TBA

britanica
Wizard

Re: Auction House Bug - Item disappearing

Post by britanica » 24 Dec 2015 06:58

When replying, please use this format to expedite a resolution.

Steps to reproduce:
1. <list steps to set up the scenario>
n. Step that caused the problem

Problem Encountered
<Please describe the issue you encountered>

Expected Behavior
<Please describe what you think should have happened>

Creed

Post by Creed » 25 Dec 2015 15:29

I am told, whenever I enter the tent, that he has something for me.

I am quite certain that the item he talks about, is some item I didn't pick up what I had bought it, and it vanished from the game in the armageddon that came between my buy and my visit.

It has been that way for the last 6 months, or something, and I don't know if I actually bought something now, since my paddle always informs me that I have items waiting, which isn't the case.

It is really annoying, and some way of removing it would be nice.

Ragni
Wanderer

Post by Ragni » 26 Dec 2015 00:27

I've exactly the same problem as Creed and it's been going on for about 6 months.

Thought it was a bug that affected just me but maybe there was a glitch in the AH about 6 months ago.

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 26 Dec 2015 10:13

Exactly what Creed describes for me as well
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 26 Dec 2015 10:49

Same here!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 26 Dec 2015 13:33

Same

If he has stuff for me... GIEF!

Elita
Apprentice

Post by Elita » 28 Dec 2015 16:50

For me it has been that I enterred x item for x amout of money, no sell and I get the item back. All well and fine there.
However next time I enter it (at a discount :twisted: this time) it vanishes, no item in the list, no notice of credit on the paddle, nothing.

Elita
Apprentice

Post by Elita » 07 Jan 2016 12:32

Any updates on the AH fixing issues progress?

britanica
Wizard

Post by britanica » 07 Jan 2016 13:31

Elita wrote:Any updates on the AH fixing issues progress?
Updates have been made to the auction house to to better handle items that do not recover and is almost ready for wizard testing. The paddle must still be taught how to understand these changes.

This fix will correct the problem with the paddles reporting that the auctioneer has something for you and cannot find the item.

The issue was caused by items recovering but their imbuements failing to recover. This in turn caused the case to be empty because when the imbuement failed, the item destroyed itself.

Here are the current recovery rules for the Auction House
  • 1. The auction house tries to only accept listing for non-recoverable items only if the auction ends before the end of the world. Should the estimates of when the world will end turn out optimistic, the current bidders money will be refunded. If no bids were made on the item, the auction item lister will have their deposit refunded. The item itself is lost in Armageddon.
    2. The Auction house is only responsible for non-recoverable items until the end of the world. If an auction ends before Armageddon and the item up for auction is not collected before shutdown, the auction winner will not receive a refund and the item will be lost.
    3. Each lasting item has a chance to become recoverable again after Armageddon. Recoverable items are rare, and it is just as rare that they will become recoverable after Armageddon. Once items lose their recoverable status, rule 2 applies.
    4. It is outside the powers of the Auction House to change the laws that govern the re-creation of the Donut or what happens with items that arrive from a previous emanation.
I will provide another update after the initial round of testing.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/