Adding to the Magic Map

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Perrigrine
Wizard

Adding to the Magic Map

Post by Perrigrine » 18 Aug 2016 21:12

I am going to start creating new maps to fill in/add to existing maps. I know we have a lot of areas that are only partially mapped and some that aren't mapped at all. I'd like to hit the most heavily used areas first and then move on from there. I'd like to hear from players where they see the need for work to be done on the maps. Please let me know what you think!

Ody
Hero

Re: Adding to the Magic Map

Post by Ody » 18 Aug 2016 21:24

All of eastern, northern, and southern Calia needs a map. Not a single room of Khalakhor or Raumdor are mapped.

Perrigrine
Wizard

Post by Perrigrine » 18 Aug 2016 21:27

Thank you Ody. I've already begun work on the area between the docks and Argos in Calia. I'll look into the others.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 18 Aug 2016 22:52

Enjoy mapping the Dwarfcamp in Solace-area. One of the tents exits to the wrong room. Maybe that's why that part is not mapped?
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Aug 2016 22:58

nils wrote:Enjoy mapping the Dwarfcamp in Solace-area. One of the tents exits to the wrong room. Maybe that's why that part is not mapped?
No that's probably not why, as with any maps nobody has volunteered to map it I would guess. But exits should not be wrong though. I would suggest sending a mail to Arman, the liege of Krynn and explain which room is wrong. Or, making a bug-report when standing in the room with the wrong exit is even better.

We can't fix things we dont know is wrong.:)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 19 Aug 2016 01:01

nils wrote:Enjoy mapping the Dwarfcamp in Solace-area. One of the tents exits to the wrong room. Maybe that's why that part is not mapped?
Funny, I thought I mapped the camp when I pulled together the magic map for Haven and Wayreth forest? Let me know if I didn't... Or if any of the rooms are a bit buggy :)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 19 Aug 2016 01:11

Perrigrine wrote:I am going to start creating new maps to fill in/add to existing maps. I know we have a lot of areas that are only partially mapped and some that aren't mapped at all. I'd like to hit the most heavily used areas first and then move on from there. I'd like to hear from players where they see the need for work to be done on the maps. Please let me know what you think!
It's a little thing, but to my mind breaks the magic map experience and highlights how hodge-lodge / unfinished the magic map system is. Most of the boats from Sparkle need a map.

The boat to Calia should at least have one, seeing it is one of the first boats newbies jump on as they follow the Sparkle quest line. Britannica made a great boat map for the Kalad-Sparkle line... Can use that as an example :)

If focusing on Calia, the southern foothills where the krougs are should be mapped.

There are only a few areas in Krynn/Ansalon that haven't been mapped now... The two main areas being Icewall and Pax Tharkas.

The Shire has a few areas around the East Road between Grey Havens and Bree that could be mapped, including the road to Moria?

Perrigrine
Wizard

Post by Perrigrine » 19 Aug 2016 07:49

Boat maps!?! Great idea Arman. I never would have thought of that.

I'm already working on some areas in the Shire. Any chance you could be more specific so I don't miss anything?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 19 Aug 2016 08:15

Perrigrine wrote:Boat maps!?! Great idea Arman. I never would have thought of that.

I'm already working on some areas in the Shire. Any chance you could be more specific so I don't miss anything?
Yes, don't forget about the boats :)

Hrmmm .. Been a while since I've wandered around there... But I'd suggest the ruins of Annuminas north of the road (and maybe the Orc camp near there), the fields of Evendim, the heralds guild area, the path to Moria?

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 20 Aug 2016 01:02

I believe almost all of Kalad outside of Kabal could use some TLC. Also, most of Avenir (e.g. bazaar, ziggurat and Holms) beyond the dock area need maps as well.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/