Middle-Earth in 2017

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
varian
Wizard

Re: Middle-Earth in 2017

Post by varian » 02 Feb 2017 22:24

There are no current plans to revisit existing code in either the trollshaws or the goblin caves.

Additionally, most of the ideas suggested for either of these areas have little to do with my decisions as liege since they would boil down to balance questions.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 18 May 2017 14:15

Sounds great, big fan of the domain.

In my humble opinion Middle Earth grinders are what made players legends.
Krynn jealous of this threw balance out the window and delivered the grinders that made the myths.

Cool Anorien area, lots of doors making it scary for pkill opportunities if anyone decides to defend it. Can I check if part of this equation is meant to be only once per arma. As I have never actually managed to ... Maybe it is just me

I know some of this next wish list probably won't happen, balance considerations and all that.
But I would like to see Ents made possible to find, once u manage to find and kill one they would all attack you if you enter their room.

I'd like to see arrow damage at protected area gates unbuffed and put back to how it was before.

I'd like to see Isengaard tweaked to make it a viable goodie grinder for whatever level of player needs it most.

Giving the original orc camp near Bree's inhabitants similar coins to the watching orcs would be nice for noobs.

Moving the Pelagir noob area (its like the Palanthas one and pre dates it by many years) But hardly anyone knows about it.... Beside the Bree haradrim area would be great too.

And finally give Elrond some balls, so he maybe just maybe leaves his protected area once a month or whatever. Nazgul roam to Bree, why not give him reason to roam places at times.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 21 May 2017 21:50

One the once per arma thing I was just doing it wrong, ie it was just me.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 29 Mar 2018 18:50

Just checking in to see if there are any updates :D

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 30 Mar 2018 09:34

varian wrote:There are no current plans to revisit existing code in either the trollshaws or the goblin caves.

Additionally, most of the ideas suggested for either of these areas have little to do with my decisions as liege since they would boil down to balance questions.
Fell greetings, Lord Varian,

...and what about upgrading the gate of Angmar to a more noble material? Dare I ask if that would boil some of the heat down?

Dark travels,
Berwyn
Evil to him who evil thinks.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/