Middle-Earth in 2017

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
varian
Wizard

Middle-Earth in 2017

Post by varian » 18 Jan 2017 03:28

With kudos to Arman for initiating this, I will do something similar for Middle-Earth.

As with Arman's post, I will add the disclaimer that anyone wishing to avoid potential spoilers, should cease reading immediately.

A quick review of 2016 will reveal that there was the opening of the plains of Anorien and the Fortress on Cair Andros providing an additional crossing over the Anduin. Aside from the opening of that area, there were only minor adjustments provided - mostly minor interior fixes in most of the occupational guilds and the correction of some typos and bugs.

For 2017, there are many things which have been planned that could potentially find themselves ripen this year.

- Mirkwood. This is a project that has long been in the works, and is not far from completion, although it has run into some technical difficulties. I do have some hope that they can be resolved and Mirkwood could then see a tested opening at some point late in 2017.

- Dunland. There are plans for some expansion into a Dunlending village in Dunland, this has a reasonable expectation of a 2017 opening.

- The Vale of the Anduin. There are some minor plans to adjust some of the land around the Anduin, from the vale down to Ithilien. This has a relatively low priority, but being a fairly small project, it may open in 2017.

- Moria. There are some very interesting plans for Moria, including an eastern gate into Dimrill Dale. Because this is a project with a much larger plan, it would certainly not be fully complete in 2017. However, there is some small potential for a part of it to open in 2017.

- Bree. There are some very interesting plans - long awaited ones for some mortals - that should initially take place in Bree. I have high hopes that at the very least, a test run will happen for this change in 2017. Should it be successful, it will likely just be the tip of the iceberg. An ambitious project, and as such, one which is difficult to promise success with - but we will be trying!!

- Mount Gundabad. Mount Gundabad has long been planned, but it would require northern Mirkwood to open first. A lot of things would have to work just perfectly right for Gundabad to be coded and opened in 2017, but I might as well include it on the list since it is a clearly defined project that is on the to-do list.

- Dol Amroth. The coder working on Dol Amroth has some personal time issues at the moment, although a lot of great work has already been done. If he is able to return, this has an outside chance of finding completion in 2017.

- Guilds. There are many potential plans for the reworking of multiple guilds in Middle-Earth. While this has a high priority, unfortunately, it is unlikely that any of these guild projects will be completed in 2017. However, they are not forgotten, and attempts will be made to address them properly.

While my primary duty on Genesis is as the Liege (and mostly functioning as the only regular coder), I do have additional responsibilities and projects outside of the domain. This does make the completion of some projects move at a slower pace than I would otherwise prefer, but, I will certainly do my best.

Of course, feedback is always welcome, and suggestions of what people would like to see in the domain are also very interesting to me!

Varian - Liege of Gondor

Perrigrine
Wizard

Re: Middle-Earth in 2017

Post by Perrigrine » 18 Jan 2017 03:42

These all sound awesome!

varian
Wizard

Post by varian » 18 Jan 2017 04:10

Perrigrine wrote:These all sound awesome!
And of course, Perrigrine has done a great job adding maps into the Shire, and undoubtedly will continue to help Middle-Earth (and the rest of Genesis) in 2017!!!

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 18 Jan 2017 09:03

Thank you both!!!
I cant wait *bounces uncontrollably*
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 18 Jan 2017 09:34

Thank you Varian for the info. It sounds very promissing. I think we all wait with a hope the development will be finished and these new areas will be open. I also cant wait :-)

Perrigrine
Wizard

Post by Perrigrine » 18 Jan 2017 18:28

varian wrote:
Perrigrine wrote:These all sound awesome!
And of course, Perrigrine has done a great job adding maps into the Shire, and undoubtedly will continue to help Middle-Earth (and the rest of Genesis) in 2017!!!
Thank you Varian.

Tharandil
Adventurer

Post by Tharandil » 19 Jan 2017 13:26

plz fix shaws :roll:

Titan

Post by Avatar » 19 Jan 2017 13:44

Tharandil wrote:plz fix shaws :roll:
Thats is quite the empty comment.

What, specifically, do you want fixed?
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 19 Jan 2017 14:51

Tharandil wrote:plz fix shaws :roll:
Thats is quite the empty comment.

What, specifically, do you want fixed?

I'd think, make the XP worthwhile :P Atm the trolls hurt ALOT but give shit xp if even that. They used to be rather good untill someone for some insane reason nerfed the shit outa it, wich ofc made a goodie killing ground, more or less useless, alot of places that could use upgrading if only to combat the evils dominance over all killing grounds.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 19 Jan 2017 15:36

I guess a way to combat that would be to make trolls not neutral, and make it easier to become goodaligned.
Also, for this to have any effect, make the evil guilds suffer from entering the wrong alignment, as goodie guilds do.

I mean, why wouldn't Takhisis question a soldier's loyalty, if he became trustworthy, or whatever, time and again.
Why is it only Paladine who has a problem with his soldiers' alignment?

That way one would have to pay a bit more attention to what one is killing, like Knights do.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/