View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Jan 2018 18:34

Forum rules

- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Middle-Earth in 2017 
Myth

Thalric wrote:
I guess a way to combat that would be to make trolls not neutral, and make it easier to become goodaligned.
Also, for this to have any effect, make the evil guilds suffer from entering the wrong alignment, as goodie guilds do.

I mean, why wouldn't Takhisis question a soldier's loyalty, if he became trustworthy, or whatever, time and again.
Why is it only Paladine who has a problem with his soldiers' alignment?

That way one would have to pay a bit more attention to what one is killing, like Knights do.

THe ones in shaws are _VERY_ evil :P Thing is this, there is no real consequence to evils as long as they dont logg out when goodaligned, for DA guilds anyways. Rangers and knights actually feel the lash when they drop in align, sadly alot of them dont give a shyte -.-

19 Jan 2017 17:22
Wanderer

Thalric wrote:
I guess a way to combat that would be to make trolls not neutral, and make it easier to become goodaligned.
Also, for this to have any effect, make the evil guilds suffer from entering the wrong alignment, as goodie guilds do.

I mean, why wouldn't Takhisis question a soldier's loyalty, if he became trustworthy, or whatever, time and again.
Why is it only Paladine who has a problem with his soldiers' alignment?

That way one would have to pay a bit more attention to what one is killing, like Knights do.

Who says Takhisis doesn't ?

19 Jan 2017 18:34
Myth

Thalric, its actually lazy coding there, if a BDA loggs out when goodie, aka the guild does a check, they get booted :P

Tbh, I'd like to see Dragonarmy NPCs that are loyal, such as VErminaard etc, protected against the dragonarmies and pot also killing her majesties dragons? Kinda feel she'd get pissed

19 Jan 2017 21:40
Wanderer

Knights are punished by killing anything evil. Rangers are the same, and even if just teaming with evil.

I don't know if any other guilds have so hard restrictions, but I doubt it.

It would be kind of fun to see how the game would be, if guild title/stat was based on following guild RP in the grinding.

I doubt it happens, but the idea is interesting.

19 Jan 2017 22:07
Wizard

Kind of getting off topic, but the alignment system is really clunky. Knights are technically good. But have been lynched by technically good Solamnian peasants. And were prepared to go to war with the elven and dwarven nations - technically good - over a dragon orb. Unfortunately there are a lot of coded areas and NPCs that don't consider knight prestige and default back to alignment to work out that sort of thing. Which does ultimately penalise guilds like the knights.

Back on topic... great write-up Varian! And well done Perrigrine with your mapping throughout the ME lands.

20 Jan 2017 03:35
Wizard

Thank you Arman.

20 Jan 2017 08:01
Adventurer

Tharandil wrote:
plz fix shaws :roll:

Thats is quite the empty comment.

What, specifically, do you want fixed?

Ofcourse, my mistake.

Pretty much what Draugor is on about, they hurt too much for the tiny xp they provide.
This could be a great place for the goodie titan-champ which some minor adjustments,
and from my experiences kinda needed, they lack places like this.

But make it too good and everyone will farm it, what to do. :geek:

20 Jan 2017 23:34
Myth

Hotup the goblincaves while you're at it, and if you dont just want to make another ground for the big evils, make elignment paramount for them too, perhaps make their special miss 99% under beastly or something, and make the caves uber evil, should solve THAT problem

21 Jan 2017 16:07
Titan

Draugor wrote:
Hotup the goblincaves while you're at it, and if you dont just want to make another ground for the big evils, make elignment paramount for them too, perhaps make their special miss 99% under beastly or something, and make the caves uber evil, should solve THAT problem

Yeah. Way go make it fucking annoying to get HSC and DMS. Hell no to that idea.

21 Jan 2017 18:08
Myth

Draugor wrote:

Yeah. Way go make it fucking annoying to get HSC and DMS. Hell no to that idea.

True true, dont you use BHM's btw? :P Also, it would mainly be to stop eternal grinding, one side beeing able to grind on all whilst the other one gets punished by it is alittle inbalanced imo.

21 Jan 2017 19:58
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next