Middle-Earth in 2017

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1774
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Middle-Earth in 2017

Post by Draugor » 19 Jan 2017 17:22

Thalric wrote:I guess a way to combat that would be to make trolls not neutral, and make it easier to become goodaligned.
Also, for this to have any effect, make the evil guilds suffer from entering the wrong alignment, as goodie guilds do.

I mean, why wouldn't Takhisis question a soldier's loyalty, if he became trustworthy, or whatever, time and again.
Why is it only Paladine who has a problem with his soldiers' alignment?

That way one would have to pay a bit more attention to what one is killing, like Knights do.

THe ones in shaws are _VERY_ evil :P Thing is this, there is no real consequence to evils as long as they dont logg out when goodaligned, for DA guilds anyways. Rangers and knights actually feel the lash when they drop in align, sadly alot of them dont give a shyte -.-

Karpath
Wanderer
Posts: 72
Joined: 24 Aug 2010 21:46

Re: Middle-Earth in 2017

Post by Karpath » 19 Jan 2017 18:34

Thalric wrote:I guess a way to combat that would be to make trolls not neutral, and make it easier to become goodaligned.
Also, for this to have any effect, make the evil guilds suffer from entering the wrong alignment, as goodie guilds do.

I mean, why wouldn't Takhisis question a soldier's loyalty, if he became trustworthy, or whatever, time and again.
Why is it only Paladine who has a problem with his soldiers' alignment?

That way one would have to pay a bit more attention to what one is killing, like Knights do.
Who says Takhisis doesn't ?
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1774
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Middle-Earth in 2017

Post by Draugor » 19 Jan 2017 21:40

Thalric, its actually lazy coding there, if a BDA loggs out when goodie, aka the guild does a check, they get booted :P

Tbh, I'd like to see Dragonarmy NPCs that are loyal, such as VErminaard etc, protected against the dragonarmies and pot also killing her majesties dragons? Kinda feel she'd get pissed

Thalric
Adept
Posts: 104
Joined: 14 Jun 2016 16:34

Re: Middle-Earth in 2017

Post by Thalric » 19 Jan 2017 22:07

Knights are punished by killing anything evil. Rangers are the same, and even if just teaming with evil.

I don't know if any other guilds have so hard restrictions, but I doubt it.

It would be kind of fun to see how the game would be, if guild title/stat was based on following guild RP in the grinding.

I doubt it happens, but the idea is interesting.

User avatar
Arman
Wizard
Posts: 521
Joined: 22 Sep 2014 13:15

Re: Middle-Earth in 2017

Post by Arman » 20 Jan 2017 03:35

Kind of getting off topic, but the alignment system is really clunky. Knights are technically good. But have been lynched by technically good Solamnian peasants. And were prepared to go to war with the elven and dwarven nations - technically good - over a dragon orb. Unfortunately there are a lot of coded areas and NPCs that don't consider knight prestige and default back to alignment to work out that sort of thing. Which does ultimately penalise guilds like the knights.

Back on topic... great write-up Varian! And well done Perrigrine with your mapping throughout the ME lands.

Perrigrine
Wizard
Posts: 107
Joined: 17 Aug 2016 05:11

Re: Middle-Earth in 2017

Post by Perrigrine » 20 Jan 2017 08:01

Thank you Arman.

Tharandil
Adventurer
Posts: 83
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 11:55

Re: Middle-Earth in 2017

Post by Tharandil » 20 Jan 2017 23:34

Avatar wrote:
Tharandil wrote:plz fix shaws :roll:
Thats is quite the empty comment.

What, specifically, do you want fixed?
Ofcourse, my mistake.

Pretty much what Draugor is on about, they hurt too much for the tiny xp they provide.
This could be a great place for the goodie titan-champ which some minor adjustments,
and from my experiences kinda needed, they lack places like this.

But make it too good and everyone will farm it, what to do. :geek:

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1774
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Middle-Earth in 2017

Post by Draugor » 21 Jan 2017 16:07

Hotup the goblincaves while you're at it, and if you dont just want to make another ground for the big evils, make elignment paramount for them too, perhaps make their special miss 99% under beastly or something, and make the caves uber evil, should solve THAT problem

User avatar
Avatar
Titan
Posts: 451
Joined: 10 Mar 2010 05:52
Location: Denmark

Re: Middle-Earth in 2017

Post by Avatar » 21 Jan 2017 18:08

Draugor wrote:Hotup the goblincaves while you're at it, and if you dont just want to make another ground for the big evils, make elignment paramount for them too, perhaps make their special miss 99% under beastly or something, and make the caves uber evil, should solve THAT problem
Yeah. Way go make it fucking annoying to get HSC and DMS. Hell no to that idea.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1774
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Middle-Earth in 2017

Post by Draugor » 21 Jan 2017 19:58

Avatar wrote:
Draugor wrote:Hotup the goblincaves while you're at it, and if you dont just want to make another ground for the big evils, make elignment paramount for them too, perhaps make their special miss 99% under beastly or something, and make the caves uber evil, should solve THAT problem
Yeah. Way go make it fucking annoying to get HSC and DMS. Hell no to that idea.
True true, dont you use BHM's btw? :P Also, it would mainly be to stop eternal grinding, one side beeing able to grind on all whilst the other one gets punished by it is alittle inbalanced imo.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/