Quickness

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arman
Wizard

Quickness

Post by Arman » 12 Apr 2018 09:32

Now that quickness is something more measureable for mortals through the addition of quickness levels in your vitals list, I would like to get some mortal impressions about how it is perceived, used and implemented in the game.

Thanks in advance.

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Re: Quickness

Post by Rincon » 12 Apr 2018 13:12

That depends what will you do with that info :P

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 12 Apr 2018 13:27

I have my own opinions. I am giving you an opportunity to influence them before I consider some changes :).

The reason I ask is the balance team is currently reviewing a recode of Union specials that involves standardising them with our global special systems. As part of this we are considering consistent formulas for guilds with quickness benefits, so I thought I'd give the player base a chance to comment about their impressions/perceptions/experiences of quickness before that happens.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 12 Apr 2018 14:30

Quickness is awesome.

Items that hasten you up are very rare and not very useful for tanking.

It is only possible to achieve meaningful levels of quickness in the game if you are ready to denounce undead evil and accept supreme authority of elemental clerics.

Traditional wisdom said "get powerful layman special and then just speed yourself up with items/imbues" - the addition of levels of quickness shows the fallacy in this.

If EW didn't have a council and rules of "EW >>> your OCC guild", I think that vast majority of people's main characters would be in that guild. Simply because of that speed spell. It is the reason why so many people have been (foolishly) waiting for the opening of warlocks layman guild (giving a few players ability to deny at will membership in a guild with 50% more "stardust" than any other layman guild is never a good idea, right?)

It's nice to have confirmation of something that was suspected for a long time - some NPC specials slow down the tank (thus, require a "real" tank in a team to kill them, most notably, Mithas)
Last edited by Zugzug on 12 Apr 2018 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 12 Apr 2018 15:26

Zugzug wrote:if you are not ready to denounce undead evil and accept supreme authority of elemental clerics.
Last edited by Syrk on 12 Apr 2018 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 12 Apr 2018 15:33

Syrk wrote:
Zugzug wrote:if you are not ready to denounce undead evil and accept supreme authority of elemental clerics.
If accept supreme authority of elemental clerics.
You are, of course, correct. Is that why EW members are banned from teaming with and associating with you? :D

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 12 Apr 2018 16:01

Arman wrote:Now that quickness is something more measureable for mortals through the addition of quickness levels in your vitals list, I would like to get some mortal impressions about how it is perceived, used and implemented in the game.

Thanks in advance.
SS without boosted quickness is crap powerwise.
SS with boosted quickness is still crap powerwise.

Hope that helped!

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 12 Apr 2018 17:18

So far I haven't been able to get above elevated but quickness and it hasn't been very worthwhile for me to us. It's still better for me to use a 2 handed and use armors with high AC.

Saimon
Wanderer

Post by Saimon » 12 Apr 2018 19:59

I would like to share some of my thoughts. First of all the addition of speed measure was great and long waited addition. Second the biggest surprise for me, unfortunately in negative was the so small addition of your speed from imbues. Even pronounce imbue dont give too much, especially in compare to EW speed spell. And it is damn expensive to get pronounce speed imbue. The next issue is the size of the levels. I have a feeling the levels are too big. Sometimes you need to get 3 or 4 items to have second level of speed. So I think there should be more levels with smaller range.

Another issue is influence of speed levels on speed of kiling. There should be made tests by bigger number of players from different guilds to see it it is worth to trybto have second or third level of speed? There is quite a dificult to get such a levels without Elemental spell or Union special but question if it is worth that effort? How much faster you will kill having third level of speed in compare to full first one?

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 12 Apr 2018 20:46

Saimon wrote:Another issue is influence of speed levels on speed of kiling. There should be made tests by bigger number of players from different guilds to see it it is worth to trybto have second or third level of speed? There is quite a dificult to get such a levels without Elemental spell or Union special but question if it is worth that effort? How much faster you will kill having third level of speed in compare to full first one?
I have only ever experienced "slightly elevated" speed, but it makes a pretty significant difference to me, as I'm able to cast spells faster, which means faster kills. I don't think there's much of a mystery here, really.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/