Quickness

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alisa
Hero

Re: Quickness

Post by Alisa » 14 Apr 2018 16:14

Amberlee wrote:Well truth is Alisa.
You are known to twist facts into your own version of it.
Also if you don't try to hang on to power, why not step down as EC council? :)
Accused of... Funnily always by those that lack the skills or patience to enter the guild.
I don't leave cause i play in it.

And again, this has nothing to do with the discussion on a base template for haste, or haste balance in any way. It's just you don't like me, game doesn't become unbalanced by it.
Nerull wrote:A slight spoiler, Warlocks which is more or less tone testing and undergoing final polish should aid some in the unbalancing issues adressed here. It was afterall created to make game balance / parity, or aid pushing towards it, especially for the remaining evil guilds (and their players) in the game.

I've been on businesstrips the last month and hence not been able to do much about the state of the guild, but I am working on it again and will try to make haste.
Good.
However, i still hope its a guild with a theme and rules that support that theme, instead of another BM free-join powerguild without any context.
Looking forwards to it.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 14 Apr 2018 16:16

I have nothing against you personally.
I don't know you out of the game.
There you again however, twisting things to make yourself look good though.
Fact is, we all play the game for separate reasons.
Staying for years without end in a guild may be good or it may be bad.
One thing's for sure.
When the leadership remains the same for over a decade, almost without any changes, it's a bad thing.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 14 Apr 2018 16:17

Alisa

Naa, its going to be a rather free guild and no council, you get theme etc from what you pick as your diety as I understood it :P So no stupid rules without sense : ]

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 14 Apr 2018 16:24

Amberlee wrote:I have nothing against you personally.
I don't know you out of the game.
There you again however, twisting things to make yourself look good though.
Fact is, we all play the game for separate reasons.
Staying for years without end in a guild may be good or it may be bad.
One thing's for sure.
When the leadership remains the same for over a decade, almost without any changes, it's a bad thing.
Again, nothing about haste or balance.
Just dislike of leadership.
Or am i twisting the fact you don't like our leadership?
To clarify a bit, the part:
Alisa wrote:And again, this has nothing to do with the discussion on a base template for haste, or haste balance in any way. It's just you don't like me, game doesn't become unbalanced by it.
was about ingame.
Did i twist that?

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 14 Apr 2018 16:43

Arman wrote:I am not clear from some of the comments on whether people have issues with the power of the quickness spell, or that it only is accessible at this point by one layman guild.

To me that is important to clarify. Will accessibility to such a spell through more layman guilds offering it resolve the perceived game imbalance, or will that essentially result in players only gravitating towards layman guilds with quickness benefits because the spell is perceived as overly beneficial?
In my opinion no layman should have it, but I'm a bit biased because I think the game keeps moving guilds towards bigger, better, more. I think things need to be scaled back, we saw how bad it was overall for the game when we increased Titles, then changed stats, then added bigger mobs. Now we've got ridiculously sized people that run scripts all day.

It use to be no one really gave a shit about things like this, when the Hero/Titan MM was farming Mithas Trolls it was more of a joke then people getting seriously angry. Why? Because the game was more focused on roleplay back then. But everytime we keep adding more more more, bigger, more more more. And everytime it shifts the attitudes just a tiny bit more towards this min/max crap. If that's the direction you want to take the game then remove all quests and just let people grind/bot to their hearts content. Set every guild/skill to the same damage and same resistances then just change the descriptions of the attacks that the players see.

Haste is a very powerful tool that should be reserved for Occupational Guilds, Special Items and Imbuements. Should you add more guilds with haste the players will just move to those guilds, depending on how easy they are to join. And should those guilds not measure up to EW standards you will most definitely hear about it from certain players. Get rid of the haste in laymans now while you still have the option and save yourself a headache.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 14 Apr 2018 16:55

I really [frickin] hate to say this but.
I sort of agree with Greneth here.
Laymans shouldn't have access to haste spells.
It's just such a powerful tool it's ridiculous, to the point it really makes or breaks guilds.
And by no layman should have it I really do mean NO layman.
Not even EW.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Wolverine
Adventurer

Post by Wolverine » 14 Apr 2018 18:07

I agree with Zugzug and last two posters.

Layman guilds shouldnt be able to provide such quick speed and I dont sit and hope for an opening of Warlocks
so they get an equal speed spell so I can taste the cake aswell.

Sure, regular hits in a fight should be changed by speed. but not guild specials. Swams going of every second and all other guild specials that are helped by speed right now. Some quicker like swarm, some less effected by speed like impale.

Would be more nice if a npc had a harder time to hit a speeded mortal aswell get hit more often with regular hits only.

Why should people join blademasters, pirates, angmars, militia when they get 30 % the power in comparison to all new guilds that come out with abilities that make 1 player do what teams of 3 did before.

Regards,

W

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 14 Apr 2018 18:11

Wolverine wrote: Sure, regular hits in a fight should be changed by speed. but not guild specials. Swams going of every second and all other guild specials that are helped by speed right now. Some quicker like swarm, some less effected by speed like impale.
That seems A LITTLE BIT biased coming from an ogre player :)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 14 Apr 2018 19:34

Agreeing with Greneth... I feel dirty -.-

Laymans where supposed to compliment or give something alittle extra to your occ? Or give it an extra dimension?

Not superpower your abilities via speed as high as they give now.

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 14 Apr 2018 20:07

Alisa wrote: Good.
However, i still hope its a guild with a theme and rules that support that theme, instead of another BM free-join powerguild without any context.
Looking forwards to it.
Well, let the players who dare to go this route find out... ;)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/