Global layman guild review

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arman
Wizard

Global layman guild review

Post by Arman » 02 Aug 2019 11:26

Hi everyone,

I have recently conducted a review of every layman guild. Some balance concepts - while logical - haven't been applied sensibly. I plan on refining some of these balance concepts that will impact how some guilds operate, but before I do I thought I'd get a general feel from the player base on their perceptions of the layman guild state of affairs (i.e. lay of the land ;) ).

I don't plan on giving any more details than that, however will note any feedback provided here as part of my considerations.

Thanks!
A.K

Kvator
Champion

Re: Global layman guild review

Post by Kvator » 02 Aug 2019 11:33

- Nerf Warlocks and EW (align restrictions should be added to Warlocks as well)
- Boost Templars and Minstrels
- Change Tricksters into craft guild
- Archers are unplayable in both OCC and layman versions
- Monks lay is prolly crap as well (not aware if there were any changes to it recently)

Thank you

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 02 Aug 2019 12:31

Also listening to Kvator is inherently a bad idea.
Templars are fine as they are.
Quite powerful actually.
Minstrels definitely need a recode.
Tricksters.. Either close, recode or make them into a club.
Perhaps make Blademasters into Weapon masters and allow all weapons?
Fix the rank progression on OotS.. Seriously..
Make beastmasters finally happen...

As for EW and Warlocks.
That's a global issue for you to solve really.
But don't mess with how the guilds work, power adjustment.. OK.. Probably won't be popular but people will live through it.
Messing with the structure of the individual guilds is a bad idea though.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 02 Aug 2019 12:47

Amberlee wrote: Minstrels definitely need a recode.
Tricksters.. Either close, recode or make them into a club.
Perhaps make Blademasters into Weapon masters and allow all weapons?
Fix the rank progression on OotS.. Seriously..
Make beastmasters finally happen...

As for EW and Warlocks.
That's a global issue for you to solve really.
But don't mess with how the guilds work, power adjustment.. OK.. Probably won't be popular but people will live through it.
Messing with the structure of the individual guilds is a bad idea though.

1. Yepp deffo
2. Club imo they are nothing else but a bunch of emotes and annoying commands atm
3. Yes and make the progression not so insane, I mean what the hell with the current gexp system?
4. yes yes yes yes yes gief.

Yea power is something you could do something with but concept etc? Why? Cause some kender is salty he cant do anything?

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 02 Aug 2019 12:48

Fix AA first.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 02 Aug 2019 13:21

I would very much like to see Beastmasters open. From what I understand it is basically finished already? The minstrels would be a lot more popular if they weren't so under-powered, and that would be great for the game, I think.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 02 Aug 2019 13:32

I certainly hope (but don't actually think it will be done) is that when layman guilds are taken into balance considerations then a global review - and by that I mean really going under the hood and analyzing at the same time the layman component of occ+layman guilds is done at the same time and compared to standalone laymans.

It may or may not be (I really don't know) how balance is done in genesis from the point of view of such guilds, but really an occupational AND layman guild should not be inherently more powerful than a good/solid combination of occupational guild + layman guild. But then again, some wizards really like to min-max their creations, while others (like you, Arman) prefer a balanced approach. The lack of uniform rules and guild design mentalities is why genesis balance is such an issue.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 02 Aug 2019 14:15

sylphan wrote:I would very much like to see Beastmasters open. From what I understand it is basically finished already? The minstrels would be a lot more popular if they weren't so under-powered, and that would be great for the game, I think.
Beastmasters I'd love to see open, but still need a lot of work... and Carnak hasn't worked on them for a while. Treat it like one of Gorboth's guilds with your expectations!

Minstrels need to be transitioned over to the standardised magic system. It's on a long to-do list... but its up there.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 02 Aug 2019 14:17

nils wrote:Fix AA first.
Layman AA i pretty decent.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 02 Aug 2019 16:23

Kvator wrote:
nils wrote:Fix AA first.