2019 Scavenger Hunt feedback thread

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

2019 Scavenger Hunt feedback thread

Post by Cherek » 12 Nov 2019 14:26

Feel free to post your praise, thoughts, and opinions about the 2018 Scavenger Hunt here. What was good and what could we have done better? We'll take notes for next Scavenger Hunt.

Ragni
Wanderer

Re: 2019 Scavenger Hunt feedback thread

Post by Ragni » 12 Nov 2019 18:20

A suggestion for the future is to not use the list command to show the item lists as it clashes with the list command which is used commonly in shops. Solution was to drop the miniature pumpkin outside the shop go in use the list command and then pickup the pumpkin up again. Maybe use elist for event list instead ?

As I've already said, excellent event, with good list of things to find. Originally entered just wanting to get a bit of qxp with a target of 40+, got hooked in and ended up being a bit disappointed at only getting 87.

Ragni

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 12 Nov 2019 19:12

Lots of fun as always!

The cooldown was a little irritating but not a dealbreaker.

Code: Select all

# 24 If you throw it into the sea, put a message inside first.
Oh! it's a bottle. Okay...hmm.. bottle from Avenir? no. one of the Calia bottles? no, no, and no. Gont? no and no. Kendermore? no. Terel? nope. ........... CHEREK!!

Looking forwards to future events.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 12 Nov 2019 20:24

Ragni wrote:
12 Nov 2019 18:20
A suggestion for the future is to not use the list command to show the item lists as it clashes with the list command which is used commonly in shops. Solution was to drop the miniature pumpkin outside the shop go in use the list command and then pickup the pumpkin up again. Maybe use elist for event list instead ?

As I've already said, excellent event, with good list of things to find. Originally entered just wanting to get a bit of qxp with a target of 40+, got hooked in and ended up being a bit disappointed at only getting 87.

Ragni
87 is a very respectable score, but 4th place is always the worst place in a way... but still a nice chunk of QXP to keep you warm at nights! :)

Regarding your feedback, that's a very good point. I'll make a note of that.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 12 Nov 2019 21:18

Thank you for a fun event. I think it worked quite well. Not being a hyper-competitive person, I enjoyed being able to work at my own pace, knowing that I wouldn't be anywhere near the top but also knowing I could get a meaningful (to me, anyway) reward - beyond the pleasure of solving riddles.

I think the cooldown was a good idea. Had I been really competing for a top spot, though, I suspect I would have hit the limit even though I wasn't spamming items into the pumpkin. Maybe have the counter reset each 24 hours, or 48 ...? I wonder how the more competitive types feel about this.

Sylphan

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 12 Nov 2019 23:10

Raelle wrote:
12 Nov 2019 19:12
Lots of fun as always!

The cooldown was a little irritating but not a dealbreaker.

Code: Select all

# 24 If you throw it into the sea, put a message inside first.
Oh! it's a bottle. Okay...hmm.. bottle from Avenir? no. one of the Calia bottles? no, no, and no. Gont? no and no. Kendermore? no. Terel? nope. ........... CHEREK!!

Looking forwards to future events.
But your team found it eventually, and many others did too. Would have been too easy to say _which_ bottle when it was to clear it was a bottle! :)

About the cooldown, so, you think I should raise the limit a bit for next year? It's not supposed to be irritating, only stop people from just dumping in all sorts of stuff with the hopes of finding something that is accepted.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Nov 2019 13:03

Sylphan: Thanks for the feedback. Yes, resetting the cooldown a few times during the event could absolutely work.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/