Healing weapons.

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Re: Healing weapons.

Post by Rhynox » 29 Jun 2010 20:12

My point is that there are certain effects that belong to very few weapons. For example, nightvision, invisibility, etc. I don't think there should be one weapon of every class doing the same (I don't like the fact that there are corrupted mithril halberds/flails/swords/bows instead of just axe as originally was). I don't complain because I don't have a club that lets me see in darkness, or an axe that makes others bleed.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 29 Jun 2010 21:02

Actually, most Avenir weapons could count as partially bleeding as the wounds they leave prevent healing. It can make quite a huge difference when the fight lasts a bit (against some tanks perhaps) and they don't get their usual regen to sustain the damage.

And yeah, I remember something about CMS dealing damage instead of healing when in hands of evil char, but I might be wrong here. Poleaxe ftw!

Edit:
To the post below me: *applaud*
Last edited by Rhaegar on 29 Jun 2010 21:04, edited 2 times in total.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 29 Jun 2010 21:03

Healing weapons are stupid.
There should not be any.

Creed

Post by Creed » 29 Jun 2010 21:36

And if you say so, then how come there are any?

I mean, can't you just fix them to be non-healing?

They are very few items, so shouldn't be that hard.

Or is it only your opinion, and not that of the whole administration?

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 30 Jun 2010 00:06

cotillion wrote:Healing weapons are stupid.
There should not be any.

For once I agree with Cot, healing weapons are retarded, if there are to be any they sure as hell shouldnt be align restricted as it is a huge bonus

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 30 Jun 2010 00:20

Creed wrote:Or is it only your opinion, and not that of the whole administration?
It's my opinion too. But Genesis as you have probably figured out is much more than just what a single person thinks. There's plenty of historic precedent, domain lore, and thematic considerations that drive whether such changes should be made. But who knows, maybe tomorrow they'll all disappear. :lol:

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 30 Jun 2010 07:49

I was going to bring up this topic before, but was going to say there is a lack of lifestealing weapons. Sure a heal proc is nice, but a drain life dagger like Aretmis Entreri has, is truly evil.

Imho, there should be more weapons that restrict use based on alignment and stats.

-b

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 30 Jun 2010 08:59

especially towards the cap Nomog's club has - can't have X higher than ... to wield :twisted:

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 30 Jun 2010 11:25

I like the variety that unique weapons give. Saying they are stupid overlooks the depth they add to the game.
So since we are naming the weapons, I forgot the stick and was thinking it was the mithril capped pike which maybe healed.
Rhynox is right, there are lots of different buffs etc but I was just talking about healing because I thought it was axe dominated.
The single sword I was thinking of was the sabre. The others are news to me.
You all forgot the soul reaper axe, which also has a heal when charged. Unless that changed.
Its a very cool weapon, great wizardly work and I wonder why the life-stealer blade doesn't do something similar?

I do not see any problem having weapons that offer something different.
The crytal axe is top of the pile because it is 1 handed, uber damage and non dulling.
But there are other weapons equal in uberness so no reason for it to be nerfed.

BSA could be carried around in a pack to give burst healing on command (think its unique in that).

SoH can be thought of as more of a poison weapon, dominated by knives but second most by polearms (strangely perhaps).
There is also a poison club or two, don't know any sowrds or axes.
Sybarus wounds do not do damage, just restirct regeneration so less like a poison.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Aug 2010 03:23

Having been around for so long, its quite amazing (and a little worrying) that I learned so much from reading this thread.:)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/