Issues with eq hunting

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
fulgrim
Apprentice

Issues with eq hunting

Post by fulgrim » 30 Jun 2010 17:14

(Dunno maybe this should go in the "help" section...)
I've noticed that there is something very different with how often and when the "good" eq drops from the NPCs. In comparison with how it was a long time ago.
The most obvious is that they don't (always?) have it straight after arma which is a good thing. But I'm sorta wondering, is it just a straight percentile that a certain piece of eq. spawns? Or is it more advanced with time being involved in the formula, or something?

The reason for this question is the fact that I went after some eq yesterday and today. The only thing I found was a decent shield. I'm thinking "well something HAS to spawn" so I start to kill NPCs just to see what shows up. Nothing... For example I killed Shale, Calof, the one who has the Tessto, and gobbos in ME several times each. But after the shield, nothing at all. (Well they did drop their "plastic" equipment, of course)
This in stark contrast to the other day when I made just two short runs and come up with four good clubs, two decent clubs and several pieces of good armor and shields.

So is this something in the code I wonder, or just plain bad luck my last eq. runs?

Ilrahil

Re: Issues with eq hunting

Post by Ilrahil » 30 Jun 2010 17:29

In the code also any gear you get probably in the first couple days after arma isn't going to save... so when Arma hits you are left with jack crap again.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 30 Jun 2010 17:29

Its been a big talking point in the not too distant past.
It is something that is tweaked a lot.

Currently the consensus from players seems to be very little drops for the first two days.

This is the case almost everywhere, but there are still some less supported areas which drop the good gear the first X times then nuthin..
I do think the chance to get something across the arma is much better than queuing for your top list of gear at the start.

Also in case you didn't know drops are more likely to save the closer they get to arma.
I wondered tho, it must be when the npc spawns the gear decided to be saving or not? Not when they are killed.

A beneficial side effect a few of us have noticed is that just before arma if you accidentally quit and come back to early the gear still saves...
I still manage to screw this up from time to time when played a few more hrs than should have and brain is fried.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

fulgrim
Apprentice

Post by fulgrim » 30 Jun 2010 22:30

Well, I am very grateful for your answer Tarax, and I am also very happy I asked that question because I was beginning to think Genesis was bugged or something :o

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/